5.1.1 killed my battery
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

ok so we just got the update today on Verizon and I'm charging at about 30 % and I got 2 hours 54 mints on a full charge what do I do will a wipe help also I let the other battery get to 37 % then swapped I am ready to go back to iPhone at this point I love my note 4 but I gone from 12 on one charge with kit kat to around 7 or 8 now I can barely use the phone

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 5.1.1 killed my battery
Tidbits
Legend

Sure they are come from the base code, but once that is finished it gets handed down to different teams within the manufacturers stable of developers.

HTC, Motorola, Sony, and even Samsungs OWN development team admitted to this.  They are given the code the carriers add in advance and when they are finished with it are submitted for testing and if it doesn't pass testing it goes back to the manufacturer.  It can go back and forth a few times, and also due to those differences in code they are go through the FCC at different times which can also cause delays on it's own right.  The delay isn't as so simple as Verizon is the one delaying.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear from the recovery menu? Usually after an update, a phone can take a few days to settle in and fully optimize its applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hoboX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes after a day or two the battery should be better. Also the phone should run cooler and smoother than it did on 5.0.

Also Ann154 you should check the Wifi Advanced Settings (Auto connect) for your proof that all variations of a device come from the same development tree and only minor changes are needed for each one. (International model VS Qualcomm model) They all have the same base. Samsung indeed does not work on each phone separately and it was indeed Verizon holding up the update for so long.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Proof? There various timelines from the manufacturers themselves that contradicts what you just said you know that right?

0 Likes
hoboX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the AT&T thing was the hilarious proof, but that's putting aside 1) common sense 2) the way development cycles work 3) developers not repeating 99% identical code. But I guess the real world isn't enough proof for people like you two.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T proof is far from proof. Common sense? If manufacturers upper management, and development team puts out a basic timeline that contradicts your common sense I guess it isn't so common sense.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sure they are come from the base code, but once that is finished it gets handed down to different teams within the manufacturers stable of developers.

HTC, Motorola, Sony, and even Samsungs OWN development team admitted to this.  They are given the code the carriers add in advance and when they are finished with it are submitted for testing and if it doesn't pass testing it goes back to the manufacturer.  It can go back and forth a few times, and also due to those differences in code they are go through the FCC at different times which can also cause delays on it's own right.  The delay isn't as so simple as Verizon is the one delaying.

0 Likes
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

Yes it is best to do at bare minimum a cache wipe... I recommend doing a full backup and Factory Data reset... Just remember to back up ALL info you want to keep...

Of course regardless it always takes at least a day or 2 for the new OS to settle. But with your issue I think that something got hung up and needs to be cleared. I recommend doing the Full reset. I usually do one every 6 months or so just to clear my device of garbage I don't need.

Let us know how you make out!

0 Likes