5.1.1 on Note 4???
Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are we still waiting on this update?  We pay full prices for these phones and get an update FORCED on us that we already knew would destroy our phones but we have no way to stop it.  I had a perfect phone for about 2 months and get an update forced on me that now force closes apps,  and completely drains my battery in the first couple hours of the day.  A little difficult if you need it for work.  I've called and called and you get the same garbage answer.  Here's an answer for you... stop forcing updates on us and let us CHOOSE if we want to download them or not.  I think all Verizon customers should walk their phones back into Verizon and demand a full refund on their phones.  Start taking care of your customers!  You did this to us on our last phone, the Razr Maxx.  Couldn't use it after 6 months because of an update that screwed up our phones. You  NEVER did make it right for us... just moved on to the next phone in your line up.  This is the LAST phone I will have with Verizon.  Total bs how you leave your customers hanging.  This update was released a month ago.  If I don't have it soon,  you are getting your phone back and I'm getting a full price refund, and I hope everyone else does the same.  How you haven't had a class action suit over this is beyond me.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 5.1.1 on Note 4???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration on this matter Luck10, trust me I do. I am currently waiting on that update for my Note Edge as well. Please do not leave over this. Honestly, it is out of Verizons control being that we do not make the software nor do we manufacture the phones. Google has to create the update for the Android software. Once they do that, it is pushed to us and then we push it out to our customers. I actually did a master reset on my phone and now I do not have the issue with apps any longer. Have you tried that on your Note? If not, here are the steps to do so: http://vz.to/1LJeUSD. Keep in mind to run a backup on your phone first to save all your media.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lkirkland88
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah I cannot even navigate anywhere with that garbage they released. WE NEED THE 5.1.1 UPDATE NOW!!!!!!

Once this contract is up I'm out, going to ATT or Tmobile.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration on this matter Luck10, trust me I do. I am currently waiting on that update for my Note Edge as well. Please do not leave over this. Honestly, it is out of Verizons control being that we do not make the software nor do we manufacture the phones. Google has to create the update for the Android software. Once they do that, it is pushed to us and then we push it out to our customers. I actually did a master reset on my phone and now I do not have the issue with apps any longer. Have you tried that on your Note? If not, here are the steps to do so: http://vz.to/1LJeUSD. Keep in mind to run a backup on your phone first to save all your media.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, not buying it.  Please don't take this personal as I know you are just doing your job.  This is at Verizon not you.  At this point,  I have to assume since the promise of a new update is just that, a promise, I have to wonder if it's coming.  Why?  Because you did this to us on our RAZR maxx.  We had a good phone until the update was FORCED on us and Verizon never made it right for us.  Just blew us off and moved on.  Where was our justice in that?  And so far  that's what is happening here.

And to put the blame on Google is ridiculous.  People have android phones at other carriers and they have the update.  So they are just picking on Verizon?? I guess that's another reason to leave.

And at last check,  YOU are my SERVICE PROVIDER.  Google cannot force the bad updates on my phone.  YOU CAN.   Call me crazy,  but YOU control when the updates are sent to our phones,  not Google.   YOU control whether they are out out there as an option or are forced.  Put the updates out there and if we want them we go retrieve them.  If not,  we don't.  It's not rocket science Verizon.  Aren't you sick of pissing customers off and aren't you sick of them all walking into your stores demanding their phones be fixed?  Or is that deal you have with Google more lucrative than what you lose with your customers? 

You guys get nothing but a bad rap anymore... you would think someone at the top would be figuring that out before we all leave.

Absolutely sick and tired of the bad service with this company.

inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Anthony, nothing against you, but a factory reset does not work. The fact is is that our phones need the 5.1.1 update to perform the way they should be. Sprint users have it. The European variant (N910F) has it. Verizon will be the last to have it. Verizon and Samsung are just awful at supporting their devices.

Treat your customers right and you won't need commercials like this, begging customers to "come back home":

Verizon Commercial 2015 Magnificent Geese - YouTube

RedsonRising

Factory reset my Note 4 a fewweeks back after the last update, worked wonders. Antutu benchmark jumped 4-5k pts putting it in range of the Note 4 average.  Battery life has been fine. No crashes.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I contacted Samsung about the 5.1.1 update and they said it was up to verizon when to push out the update to the note 4 because they had did send it to verizon for the testing so now it's up to verizon when it comes out so verizon can't blame it on samsung because verizon has already sent it to the s6 so us verizon note 4 owner's are still waiting for the update. So verizon step up to the plate and get us the 5.1.1 update

inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Chapman. I got on chat with Samsung but they wouldn't tell me anything. Guess this is why people are ditching Samsung and Verizon!

Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're still waiting!!  This is so beyond ridiculous. It's great that some people did a factory reset and it helped, but for most people it did not.  I refuse to do a factory reset because 1, it is ridiculous we need to do that in the first place, and 2, I'm not doing all that work to find out I'm in in the majority of the people it doesn't work for. 

Plain and simple, we shouldn't even have to be having these conversations if Verizon took care of their customers.  The update that allegedly fixes theses problems has been our for at least over a month.  Seriously Verizon, what is your problem??  Get it sent to our Note 4's.  Don't blame Samsung or Google, you are sitting on the update!!

I'm still so angry over what was done to us on our RAZR Maxx phones that I swore I would never let this happen to me again.

If we don't have our updates by the end of the weekend I would LOVE for everyone who owns phones that are still waiting for the update, to walk their phones back into a Verizon on Monday and demand a full refund.  Seriously,  what does one have to do to make that happen??

Even if no one else does,  I am.  I'm a single parent that works too hard for my money and I'm tired of being taken advantage of by this company.  As it stands, your phone is of no use to me in this condition.  Like anything else I buy that is defective,  I return it for a full refund.  And yes,  you are letting me out of your contract with no fees.  SICK SICK SICK of this company!!!

Time for people to stand up to them and take their business elsewhere.