Re: 5.1.1 on Note 4???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Luck10,

I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to have these issues with your device. Our goal has always been to have a reliable service and device for our customers. The update does go through thorough testing prior to be released to ensure all issues are addressed. We partner with the manufacturer to make this happen. Yes, it can take sometime prior to being released and we do truly appreciate your patience. Our goal is to make sure it works right for you. Factory resetting the device is an alternate route that you can take to jump start your phone. To get this latest notification for your update click here http://vz.to/1EH0Qtf and enter your email at the bottom of the screen.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Pretty much the same thing happened to me with the Note 3.  They updated it and ruined it.  They are always the last to update anything and always charge the most.  Waiting for contracts to expire and moving on.  So tired of this.  I waste more time on the phone with them and never get anything done.  I have noticed they tend to break phones when the updated one comes out hoping you pay to upgrade!

Noizyboy10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen! As a former verizon employee, all this crap is happening with the employees too. Verizon is crashing down

TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

You know, it's really disgusting that you blame this on either Google or Samsung. The update is in Verizon's hands, you're the holdup. You're always the holdup. Verizon is consistently the last to update their devices. And, it's not because of "testing", its because you're busy loading useless bloat and locking down functionality. I am so close to leaving this dishonest company.

Tidbits
Legend

Do you have proof it is in Verizon hands. One little neglected fact is if it doesn't pass it goes back to the manufacturers. Carriers actually pay manufacturers tof implement things like AC. I bet you'd flip your lid if AC stopped working and cause network issues... Catch 22 for them.

Please don't say a low level CS rep on the phone told you Verizon has it. They will not know nor the little computer in front of them will never tell them. They say it to get you off the phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon is always last? You know there are a lot of articles that will show you it changes every year who gets it out last.  Seen t-mobile track record lately? They still have devices that haven't been update to 5.0 let alone 4.4.3 while all other carriers have the same devices already updated. Just food for thought.

As for updates breaking devices. Like with any manufacturer the ones with problems are the loudest and it is always less than 5% of total purchasers. It happens with any and all electronics with upgradable software. It just looks worse than  it is because well people are more vocal when things go wrong for them.

Noizyboy10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen!!!

0 Likes
Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, Tidbits, but it sounds like you work for Verizon.  While I respect everyone's opinion,  please don't refute things we know.  So you are right and we are all wrong?

I have been down this road before so I have a right to be sick and tired of it.  Why do I know it's Verizon?  Read my original post. 

We owned our RAZR Maxx's for 6 months when they did the same thing.  Our phones were perfect,  then an update was FORCED on us that destroyed our phones.  They promised and promised to come out with an update to fix it and then suddenly decided "nope,  sorry maxx users,  we are moving on".  I literally threw my phone in the trash.  Verizon is my service provider,  not Motorola, not Samsung, not Google.  Had they not forced us to download a garbage update in the first place, these things wouldn't happen.  "If you want the update,  here is where you can download it if you want."   Seems so simple, right? 

Now they are doing it to us on galaxy note 4 and we had our phones a few months again.  Excellent phone,  forced update,  garbage phone,  no fix.... See the pattern??

We pay a lot of money to have our phones turn to garbage in a couple months.. And yes,  I'm  paying my bill to Verizon,  so THEY need to make it right for me.  So far I don't believe a fix is coming.  It's all talk to avoid their peed off customers.

I'm happy you are truly happy with Verizon,  I really  am.  Clearly you are luckier than the rest of us.

But please go start your own post about how fantastic Verizon is and see how many people jump on your bandwagon.  No one wants to hear it here.

Tidbits
Legend

Care to wager I don't work for Verizon or have any vested interest? Verizon unless they put me in upper management almost at the CEO level they wouldn't come close to paying me enough to leave Hawaii and my current job. 

See people use Europe as an example when they get updates. What do they do differently?  They have contracts they buy from carriers as well. They blame the manufacturer we blame the carrier. Just some food for thought.

Noizyboy10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soooo verizon, RELEASE THE DANG UPDATE!!!!!