Re: 5.1.1 on Note 4???
ChevyCam94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats not completely accurate.  Google makes the BASE software, that all carriers base THEIR final builds off of.  in this case, Samsung pulls in updates, patches, and any other changes they want to include, makes their own modifications.  Verizon tells them they have to include certain security measures, branding, and other changes specifically for VZW.  Samsung then builds the update themselves, tests, then pushes the updates to VZW and their own site.  Google does NOT make Verizons final builds in ANY way.

Thats why you see carriers like T-Mobile, and AT&T that already have the 5.1.1 update, because they got all their work done QUICKER.  5.1.1 was available at the same time, to everyone, not just cellular providers.  The Verizon/Samsung team just doesnt do their work in a timely manner, so, as ALWAYS, Verizon will be the LAST company EVER, to release ANY updates to the public, no matter how important it is.

Tidbits
Legend

That's wrong... manufacturerst already admitted that is wrong over the past 3 years. They charge for a set of options and Carriers select for thevery options and the manufacturers implement said options.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also YES Google tests and certifies before any and all updates get released. Everything must comply with their Google Play guidelines and if they do not they go back to the manufacturer. Google will even tell you that if you ask. Motorola, Sony, and HTC has shown charts to Google even apart of the certification process. How carriers buy in and do not actual coding.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI glad you brought up T-Mobile. Their Note 4 doesn't have 5.1.1 so how are they really faster? Also there has been countless times Verizon was not last in delivering updates. There were times they were first, and all other were months behind.

Noizyboy10
Enthusiast - Level 2

You tell them Chevycam94!

0 Likes
Woodytheledge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would they want to give us the most updated software right now? They are going to be pushing the note 5 now. So they dknt have any reason to update our 4's

Tidbits
Legend

Not a good argument.

Why dI'd they update the S5.... they could be pushing the S6...

Why did they update the M8 when they hey could have been pushing through M9...

See the trend here?

0 Likes
Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because we know the note 5 is about to be released?  This is my original post and the arguments are for note 4 users that are tired of their phones being pieces of crap.  This is where we can voice our opinions to Verizon since their reps know absolutely nothing... quite conveniently I might add.

Like I said before, if you think Verizon is so great please feel free to go start your own post on how fantastic Verizon is and then please,  ever so kindly, guide me to it so I can constantly write contradicting comments to everything you write.  We are trying to get Verizon's attention to take care of their customers.  Find something else to do.

Tidbits
Legend

That makes your argument worse... as it still would apply. These devices got updated to Lollipop from Kit Kat. The S5 is on 5.1.1 and the S6 is available. Why not delay that update to get people to the S6... seriously man.

FYI regardless of what OS version you have Verizon or any carrier for that matter makes the same amount of money. Manufacturers on the other hand would want you to upgrade yearly as they only make money off the sale of devices and have no residual income. Think about it carefully.

0 Likes
Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, I'm not a man.  Believe it or not as a woman I'm more technologically savvy than most men I know.  But your assumption that I'm a man speaks volumes.

How on earth does it make my argument worse?  It makes the CEO's at Verizon and Samsung look like bigger bumbling idiots than originally thought.  Why on earth would you force an update on phones that are only a couple months old, completely destroy those phones for the users, and think that's a smart business decision?  Because you seriously think holding back your update that will fix my new, current phone will make me update to your NEXT phone?  Is this some kind of joke??

The only thing that makes the owners of these phones do is switch to Apple and another phone carrier.  A kindergartener can put that together.  When I'm done with this phone, which in many ways I already am because it hasn't worked since it was only 2 months old,  I'm moving on and I'm not looking back.  Think I'm the only one??  Verizon and Samsung are digging their own graves.  It's called Business 101.  And for the record, I'm highly educated and have been an Operations Manager at several successful multi-million dollar companies... as a woman to boot.  Huh?  So if Verizon or Samsung need some help on how to not lose money or customers, give me a call. 

Don't bother responding with any more comments.  This is my last post.  The arguments are beneath common sense and Verizon's time is up... they are in my rearview mirror.

0 Likes