5G Nationwide Note 20 Ultra
AK836

Just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G...I was told by customer service that 5G Ultra wide band wasn't available near me at this time,  the closest city was Cincinnati.  If I upgrade to the 5G UW service, will I be able to get 5G Nationwide until the other service reaches me,  and will it let me know that I have 5G Nationwide on my phone? Also, do I need to download the software to my phone for the 5G?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5G Nationwide Note 20 Ultra
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is your note unlocked or purchased through verizon is question #1... Have you gotten a new 5G sim card? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are very good questions and we'd be happy to be review more if you could Private Message us. I'll answer as much as I can. To take a look at your adress for service, try entering it here on our website: https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/. The darker ares will be those 5G UW spots you've heard so much about. The more red area will that "5G Nationwide" 5G connection that you'll need your device for. As long as your device is capable, we do not usually need to change the SIM card, but we may need to double check the provisioning on your account.

Let me know if these answers help out, and reach out to us for more on any one of our platforms! -Nicholas_VZW

0 Likes
AK836

Hi...I purchased it at Best Buy set up for Verizon. Just had the software (for 5G) pushed to my phone the other day and it shows my signal as 5G..haven't really noticed any difference in speed, hopefully as time goes on, Verizon will get 5G UW closer to me. Thx for reply 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! Glad you got the 5G update, AK836! Once 5G UW is available in your area, you'll definitely notice the difference! Thanks for choosing Verizon! 

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you buy the phone unlocked through best buy, or did you get a verizon branded one? 

0 Likes
Jakespeed201

Hi. Question. Did you get a message for update from Verizon or Samsung. I just got Samsung Z fold2 and not receiving 5g yet. Talk to service at Verizon 6 times with not fix. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing all these important details. Please tell us, are you currently experiencing any issues with your mobile data? Also, the following link will help you verify the coverage in your area. http://spr.ly/6603HBV0c
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
MSouza86

Hi bought my phone through Verizon and just activated it about 2 days ago according to the coverage map I should have 5G Nationwide at my house because it is completely within the dark red area but I have not even seen the phone switch off of 4G to show 5G once in the last 2 days it just stays on 4G all the time

0 Likes