5G nationwide.
PW7310

How do you get 5G nation wide internet in the Houston TX area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5G nationwide.
Jakespeed201

I bought the Samsung Z fold 2 last week after returning 2 day old LG v60 that was getting 5G in Houston area. My wife’s iPhone 12  is getting 5g in Katy Texas next to Houston. I have called customer service 6 times to find out why the Z fold 2 isn’t getting 5g. Samsung and Verizon say it does. What’s going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly help go over any details with 5G Nationwide and 5G UW in Houston, TX. 5G Nationwide is included at no additional cost with all current Verizon plans, so the only thing needed would be a 5G phone in the area. Please check out the page here for more on the coverage for the area. https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

It just might be a blessing that you are not getting Verizon's Nationwide 5G "Service".... do you remember what kind of speeds you were getting with your LG phone while it had 5G?  How about your wife's phone with 5G?  How's her speed compared to your 4G LTE???

Out here, 30 mins south of the Tech capital of the world, Verizon's Nationwide 5G is worse than their 4G LTE;  and once you have it on your phone, there's NOTHING you can do to turn it off... you're stuck with it!

Verizon's Nationwide 5G is NOT ready for showtime yet.  It might be in 12 months or whenever, but it's not better than 4G LTE here now... I'd rather not have it on my Galaxy S20+, but I'm stuck with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get those faster speeds, Jakespeed201. Have you attempted a network settings reset to refresh your connection? If you're not familiar with this reset, please see this link for the steps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-233688/ .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's really bad in Charlotte, NC. I thought it would be better than LTE, but it restricts the upload speed to 0.02 Mbps on average in Charlotte. I really hope Verizon figures out a way to let us to turn it off when we are in a bad area. It worked just as well as 4G when I was in the country. Even then, I wouldn't call it an improvement, however, as I always had pretty good 4G in that area.

0 Likes