ANOTHER KITKAT ISSUE!! REALLY? Email Outgoing Server Connection Failure.
Zoedogg1

So I have found a few issues since the new OTA KitKat 4.4.2 update was released a couple days ago. I have been able to work around the issues I have found except for a MAJOR issue I'm having with my Charter.net email account. Prior to the download I NEVER had an issue with sending or receiving emails. I noticed today that I can receive emails just fine but when I delete them and they are automatically sent to my "Trash" folder I can not delete old emails. I can NOT send emails either. The problem is the fact that the "Outgoing Server Communication" can NOT be established.

I have deleted my email accounts and re-installed them only to be unable to establish that same Outgoing server connection. There for in short I can only receive messages but cannot delete, move to folders and or send emails period. It is VERY disappointing that Verizon did not fix these issues prior to the release being so they were indeed the last mobile network to even release the update by months!! I would just assume roll my phone back to JellyBean were it worked just fine if this can not be fixed in a reasonable time.

Any Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: ANOTHER KITKAT ISSUE!! REALLY? Email Outgoing Server Connection Failure.
budone
Legend

Which mail app are you using? I use k9. 2nd, make sure the outgoing mail

port is correct. If it is, I would delete the account on whatever mail

service you are using and set it up again.

0 Likes
Zoedogg1

I am using the stock email app. for the Galaxy Note 3. I did change the the port # as the automatic setup chose the wrong port number as well as the wrong security setting. I though I had it fixed as I can now receive and delete .....MOST of the time. I have also noticed that now my phone downloads email that should have been received as far as a week prior. My "Trash" folder also continues to constantly be in refresh. This appears to be something I can not fix as it is a true software issue for the minds that develop this garbage. I may need to download a completely different email program in hopes that it remedies the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have emails available consistently on your device Zoedogg1! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Are you experiencing the same issues with other email clients? It sounds like this may be specific to the particular email client. Have you tried deleting and readding it? http://vz.to/St7Z9m

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes