Advanced messaging for Note 10+ not working after update on 8/31/21
SickEVOX14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently updated my phone and the software updated stated i can now use RCS advanced messaging with the stock samsung messaging app.  I get an error code "there was an issue updating you to advanced messaging...."  Can someone please explain how to fix this issue? The software update specifically stated I now have advanced messaging when in fact i still dont have it.

Labels (1)
Re: Advanced messaging for Note 10+ not working after update on 8/31/21
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your need to make sure the software update allows for device enhancements. Let's gather more details about the Samsung update. Was this device purchased from Verizon Wireless? What is the software number displayed in settings? -Rita K.

0 Likes
strtrcr87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, My note 10+ 5g was purchased thru Verizon and the software I currently have ends in FUH3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the information. Please restart your phone, and find out if  you're able to turn it on: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-222792/  ~Aaron

0 Likes
strtrcr87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that already and still nothing. My wife has the same phone and has same issue. She actually did a factory reset and still gets the same error.

0 Likes
dustmike1106
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon tech service department has no idea what they're talking about on this. The update was pushed out recently and has affected many phones but Verizon Wireless themselves has no idea what to do about it. As a matter of fact when I called customer service they tried to have me do the same exact thing. This is an update to the messaging system for Verizon Wireless that they're rolling out the Samsung devices for better messaging system. If you end up getting this resolved please please let me know. They haven't been able to answer me and I can't seem to find anything online about it either.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the insight and would like to gather some more information. What messaging application do you happen to use specifically and have all applications been updated since the update? -Chris

0 Likes
Theonlymerlin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issues with two seperate phones.  

0 Likes
SickEVOX14
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device was purchased from Best Buy 2 years ago (still a verizon phone on a post-paid account). Software baseband version ends in FUH3. Also Build number ends in FUH3. Model # of my device is SM-N975U.  Every app is up to date.  I restarted my phone, reset the network settings, cleared data and cache for the samsung messages app and advanced messaging still does not work.  I tried calling tech support last week and no one answered after i was on hold for over an hour.  I am beyond frustrated about an update that includes new features such as advanced messaging and i am still unable to take advantage of it.  not really much of an update if you ask me. 

Honey6623
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem, was excited to use the new advanced messaging and Verizon wants to tell me to call Samsung! I didn't purchase my phone from Samsung I purchased it from Verizon and y'all pushed out this update that I can't use. I'm still trying to fix it myself. I keep getting the error message that I have something blocking me from using it, but I don't! I hope Verizon can fix this, because I'm tired of cussing them out.