After Kitkat update, issues with keyboard not letting me type, text messaging application, persistent voice mail update notification, long delay before making calls or not making them at all.
danwatson

After Kitkat update, issues with keyboard not letting me type, text messaging application, persistent voice mail update notification, long delay before making calls or not making them at all.

When I go to text or respond to a text, there is a long delay before the keyboard loads and sometimes, it loads but won't let me type. It locks up for a while when doing this and you can't even exit the app.

I can't get rid of the voice mail update notification. I've tried everything. Please let me get rid of that.

Often when making calls, the dialer is laggy and will take 10-30 seconds after tapping call to actually move to the next screen. The phone is locked up during this time or just laggs (5-6 seconds after tapping before anything happens)

I have also noticed many  more taps not being registered

Lock screen time does not always update anymore. My lock screen time is usually not updating though the time in the notification bar is correct.

Please help. I'm regretting downloading this update because all these issues are HUGE and I can't use my phone for talking and texting without issues. This is the most buggy update I have ever had.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: After Kitkat update, issues with keyboard not letting me type, text messaging application, persistent voice mail update notification, long delay before making calls or not making them at all.
bklyn1876

I have the Note 3. I had the same issues after the update, No texts were being sent or received and my battery life was draining quickly and the lags between screens. I called tech support and I ended up having to do a factory reset on my phone. Just make sure you do a back up. My phone seems to working fine now. Hope this helps.

0 Likes