After Marshmallow update I get continuous VM error 9007 messages on my Note 5
JohnMR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I updated my Note 5 to Marshmallow I get a voice mail error 9007 every couple hours. Worked with tech support and no help.  Any ideas appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After Marshmallow update I get continuous VM error 9007 messages on my Note 5
JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the same question (For a Galaxy S6) and got the following solution.  I made the change and seems to work so far:

Please go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.” Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

View solution in original post

Re: After Marshmallow update I get continuous VM error 9007 messages on my Note 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this happen when the phone is connected to wifi or the cellular data connection or both?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RussM92844
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I updated my S6 to Marshmallow, seems like nothing but problems with my Verizon apps. Messenger, Cloud, etc all have issues to a degree. I wish I could go back to Lollipop, phone worked great on that platform. Verizon needs to step up their game and fix these issues fast, it's very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung wrote the code in such a way that prevents any rollback of the software. If there are bugs, Samsung has to fix it not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JohnMR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both

0 Likes
JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the same question (For a Galaxy S6) and got the following solution.  I made the change and seems to work so far:

Please go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.” Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

greenejr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!!  This worked!!!   You saved me lots of time holding for customer service.   I also had problems with other apps going to sleep which this will fix.  Thanks again for your post! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
greenejr
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me. 

Please go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.” Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze.

0 Likes