After installing the update yesterday I'm getting a window saying "Unfortunately com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped". Now the s view window will only display for a second or two when the case is closed and will not turn screen on when opened.
KornerStump

After installing the update yesterday I'm getting a window saying "Unfortunately com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped". Now the s view window will only display for a second or two when the case is closed and will not turn screen on when opened.

0 Likes
Re: After installing the update yesterday I'm getting a window saying "Unfortunately com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped". Now the s view window will only display for a second or two when the case is closed and will not turn screen on when opened.
geekgyrl

I'm getting the exact same thing on my Galaxy Note 3.  Two chat sessions with techs, and we are at a hard reboot, but I don't want to start over.... HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: After installing the update yesterday I'm getting a window saying "Unfortunately com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped". Now the s view window will only display for a second or two when the case is closed and will not turn screen on when opened.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

geekgyrl,

I am so sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your device application. Did your issue also begin just after updating the software? What exact steps have you taken thus far?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KornerStump,

That's a very annoying issue to have. Don't worry, ok? We will help! This sounds like something didn't go as smoothly as it should have with the update. The good news is the fix is easy! Backup the information on your phone first (such as contacts, pictures, videos, documents, ect....) and then use our Software Repair Assistant http://vz.to/1AU7juR to fix any software errors.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
KornerStump

I was on live chat with both Verizon and Samsung. After factory resting my phone 3 times (with the repair assistant), taking it to get flashed at Best Buy and having the Samsung rep there work on it for an hour, nothing has been fixed. Everyone is blaming someone else. Verizon sent me to Samsung... Samsung is blaming Verizon. Someone needs to figure this out!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KornerStump,

Thanks for giving that a try. Was this phone purchased through Best Buy? Did you purchase insurance coverage through them?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
KornerStump

No, I got it through Verizon. The Samsung service (that I was sent to by Verizon Chat), that I talked with on chat told me to go to Best Buy because they are the ones who can flash it to reset the firmware. The rep at the store tried to help figure it out to no avail. Everyone seems to think its a software issue.

0 Likes
SteveDSr

I'm also having this problem - and it happened *immediately* after upgrading to KitKat 4.4.4

Also, @SarahO_VZW, I am unable to get to the Software Repair Assistant.

I follow the link you show, and get a Verizon page.

I click on the link for Software Repair Assistant, and a PDF of instructions is displayed.

The instructions have a link for a Hosting Website:

https://neofussvr.sslcs.cdngc.net/

but this just takes you to a blank screen in Chrome, and an 500 server error in IE.

0 Likes
AlanEva

We have the same error message occurring on my wife's Note 3 after the KitKat update.  And, when the flip cover is closed, the S-view screen appears once, disappears immediately, and the "regular'' menus shows. THEN the screen starts flashing on and off repeatedly until the flip cover is opened OR the power off button is pressed.  AND the flip cover will no longer power the phone/screen on or off like it used to.

On my Note 3 the problem is similar but simpler: The flip cover only works like it's supposed to SOMETIMES.  It's very sporadic.

We use third party (non-Samsung) flip cases.  The cases are from different manufacturers and appear to use different IC chips.  We tried a third non-Samsung flip case but still no joy.

0 Likes
SteveDSr

This is almost identical to what is happening to my phone.

0 Likes