After the Oreo update,media volume decreases.
shawn1755
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Oreo update,  my media volume will decrease on its own.  It only happens to the media volume,  not call volume,  ring volume,  or notifications sound.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?  It is very annoying .

0 Likes
Re: After the Oreo update,media volume decreases.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shawn1755, 

We understand how irritating the volume fluctuation can be for you. Let's find a resolution. When the volume decreases, can you turn it back up? Does the same thing happen on Bluetooth or with a headset? Do you stream media to a television or use any "cast" content like Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawn1755
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to turn the media back up, but within a few minutes, the media will turn back down.  Bluetooth is not used, and I am not connected to any outside sources.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shawn1755, 

Thanks for the details. Let's keep going. What patterns have you noticed. For example, is this with a certain app? Does this happen after a certain amount of time? 

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawn1755
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens after around 10 minutes of turning the media back up. Not

after any specific apps. This never happened before the update.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018, 9:00 AM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can only imagine how annoying it must be to have to turn the volume up constantly, shawn1755, only to have it go lower after about 10 minutes. We appreciate all you’ve done so far to help narrow this down. I did a little digging into the options on the device itself, and found one that may help us. Please go to the settings, then sounds & vibration, then volume. On that screen, where the sliders are for phone/media/notifications, click the three dots in the top right. It will suggest the “Media Volume Limiter”. Please click that and check the options on the next screen to be sure they’re set the way you want them to be. Please keep us posted.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawn1755
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info, however. I do not use headphones or bluetooth, which

are the only options that this setting is giving me to change.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:29 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that clarification, Shawn1755. I've been searching for any possible solution to this. What's unusual is that it seems to have started with the software update. What I want to do is try to test out Safe Mode, and see if the phone still adjusts its own volume. Here's how to put your phone in safe mode: http://spr.ly/6586DbJlM

0 Likes