After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?
VZAustinCustomer

After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you restart? Did you do a factory reset?

0 Likes
Re: After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?
Lantzz

So let me get this correct. You're saying 'WIPE' your phone just because the Verizon software update of Samsung's software is causing these issues? WOW! This is exactly why an update should NEVER be mandatory! There should be an option to "REJECT" and stop getting the annoying notification without resorting to update and pray it works. This is sad.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's a bit of a catch 22. If you don't update your system, but apps and other functions are updating to be compatible with the latest lollipop update, then you'll be left behind and some things may not work correctly. If you do update, then you may still experience the same problems, just for different reasons.

You can just complain about it, or try to do something to solve it; entirely up to you. Either way, we will be here to listen and perhaps respond.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have observed some of this, although it has not been unbearable for me. Chances are good a part of this has to do with bugs in Samsung's build of Android 5.0.1 that came over from the AOSP code. If Samsung releases Android 5.1 there should be a notable improvement in speed, as after 5.0.2 a memory management problem was resolved.

0 Likes
doxiesrock912
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 4 was working flawlessly before Lollipop. It is so slow that there is a black screen in between actions. Verizon is notorious for being one of the last to roll out updates and the amount of bloatware that I will never, ever use is astounding!

This phone was great on 4.4 but now it has gone backwards and I'm extremely disappointed.

Especially considering that the phone cost the same across carriers yet Verizon saved money by not including headphones. As if the exorbitant prices aren't enough.

0 Likes
doxiesrock912
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 4 was working flawlessly before Lollipop. It is so slow that there is a black screen in between actions. Verizon is notorious for being one of the last to roll out updates and the amount of bloatware that I will never, ever use is astounding!

This phone was great on 4.4 but now it has gone backwards and I'm extremely disappointed.

Especially considering that the phone cost the same across carriers yet Verizon saved money by not including headphones. As if the exorbitant prices aren't enough.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Valerie,

Software updates should enhance the device! So sorry to hear that this did not occur. Lets speed up your device. Does the black screen appear while in a particular app? How internal device memory is available since the update? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
doxiesrock912
Enthusiast - Level 2

19.69GB available, no damage at all, the black screen appears when going

from any app back to the home screen - like it's going very slowly.

I always make sure that I'm not leaving apps open. When I back out of apps

and the app widget shows that none are active, if I hold down the key to

the left of my home button, they have not closed so I must close them from

there. Why is this?

On Jun 19, 2015 10:54 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doxiesrock912,

Got it, thanks for the additional details. It may be best to reset the device to factory defaults to ensure there are no software issues causing the slow responses. Prior to doing so we'll want to make sure the device is backed up. Take a look here to see how http://vz.to/1p1RUE1. Once the device is backed up we can reset it without losing any personal data. Take a look here to see how to perform the reset. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121760/

AdamG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes