Re: After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?
VZAustinCustomer

I did in fact reset my device to factory defaults. No change. I also spoke to support about the same issues and even support is confirming this problem but the consensus is:

"well that's the way updates go!, I wish Samsung would better vet the updates!" , "We're just the Service Provider!".

This is pretty shocking coming from your Level 2 techs! and This is the Samsung/Verizon Flagship??? Seems as if someone broke the ship. Like many have said above, it was working fine before the 5.0 update but now!!! it just pains me it's so slow.

0 Likes
Re: After the last Samsung update, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is SLOW! Slow unlocking, Slow making a call, Slow trying to type while making a text. Anyone else having this issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have an excellent working phone, VZAustinCustomer. I'm sorry that hasn't happened with the latest update. I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done already. When you did the Factory Reset, did you set phone back up as new phone, or did everything get downloaded back onto your phone immediately after the reset? The thing that can happen with updates is that some apps may no longer be compatible with newer software. This can cause a lot of issues with your phone. App developers can update apps, as they do in many cases, but meanwhile, you could have these difficulties. It would be best to remove apps, or even try running in Safe Mode for 12-24 hours. This will disable all third party apps, but you will still be able to use basic functions. If you notice an improvement, that'll let us know it is an app. You can try deleting some apps, or all apps, and reload about two at a time, with about 2-3 days in between. If/when you start noticing issues starting again, you'll have a better idea of which app it could be and simply delete.

Here are steps for Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1KYXXSK

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes