After the update to Android 5.0.1 my Galaxy Gear S will not install apps, I get an error message that says "Installation Failed. Try Later. (WO:WO:-1002)
TooGrumpy

After the update to Android 5.0.1 on my Galaxy Note 4, my Galaxy Gear S will not install apps, I get an error message that says "Installation Failed. Try Later. (WO:WO:-1002). I am glad it was a free app I was trying to install (I tried a couple of different ones to see if it was just a bad app and they all failed on the install. The Note 4 and the Gear S seem to be communicating okay via bluetooth (health stuff syncs, Gear S controls the music player on the note 4 Etc. )

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After the update to Android 5.0.1 my Galaxy Gear S will not install apps, I get an error message that says "Installation Failed. Try Later. (WO:WO:-1002)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You have provided us great information, TooGrumpy. We want to make sure we get these two devices being best friends again. What application are you using to install the new applications? We encourage you to go to Settings and then uninstall any updates done through the application. Keep us posted on your progress.
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After the update to Android 5.0.1 my Galaxy Gear S will not install apps, I get an error message that says "Installation Failed. Try Later. (WO:WO:-1002)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can see how this would be puzzling for you, TooGrumpy! We definitely want you to be able to get apps again. Are the previously installed apps still working?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TooGrumpy

Everything that I had installed previously on the gear S still works.

Everthing while in the gear manager seems to be working okay also. I can make changes in the Gear manager on the note 4 and they show up on the gear S. I have an app called watch styler , it let me create a new watch on the Note 4 and that showed up on the Gear S.

The only thing that seems to be not working is installing new apps.

When trying to get a new app it looks like it is working as normal , the dowload shows it is working but it errors out when it goes to install it.

• REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You have provided us great information, TooGrumpy. We want to make sure we get these two devices being best friends again. What application are you using to install the new applications? We encourage you to go to Settings and then uninstall any updates done through the application. Keep us posted on your progress.
RobinD_VZW
0 Likes
TooGrumpy

I feel kind of stupid now. After the update to Android 5.0.1 on the Note 4, I had restarted my phone several times but I had not restarted my Gear S. After I did a reset on the Gear S today, it now installs the downloads withot error. Thanks for your help.

• REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

0 Likes