After update to Lollipop can't add app shortcuts to homepage.
Skorste

Can't move APP shortcut to homepage. Phone says Touchwiz has stopped. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: After update to Lollipop can't add app shortcuts to homepage.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Skorste, that would definitely be very frustrating if apps could not be moved to the home page. Let's do all we can do to get this important feature working! Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

http://vz.to/1iLn2qI -- When you reach Step 3, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone.

Let us know if this helps!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
janrn

I'm having the same problem. Wiping the cache partition did not help, nor did clearing the cache of the touch wiz app. Is there anything else to try? I don't want to do a factory reset!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
janrn,

I am sorry to hear that this is happening to you too! We definitely want this corrected for everyone. I can certainly understand a reset is never a fun option, but it could certainly be a possibility. For now, we can try to place the device in Safe Mode to see if it will allow us to place a shortcut on the home screen. If so, that may mean there is a 3rd party application causing the issue and we would recommend uninstalling any recently installed applications. Otherwise, if the issues persist while in Safe Mode, then it may be best to reset the device to factory defaults. To see how to place the device in Safe Mode click here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88613/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Irishgolfer67

I am having a similar problem with moving apps and other functions.  Each time, I receive an error message that TouchWiz has stopped working.  It seems to be something related to the updated software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Irishgolfer67, sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with your Note 3 as well. Let's try a few things to try and get this feature working. Before we try a factory reset, please try running your phone in Safe Mode, to see if you can create a new short cut using the available apps that appear in your list.

http://vz.to/1oXO2F8

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW
0 Likes