Air Gestures, sharpening, Find My Mobile, PIP, Promotions
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Hope the shotgun approach is OK. After having the Note 3 for 4 days these are the things I can't figure out or find on the web.

1. What apps use air gestures? I have all the stuff turned on (I think) but haven't seen anything make use of it.

2. Any way to decrease photo sharpening? Photos look terribly over sharpened to me.

3. Does Samsung "Find my Mobile" Remote control stuff work? There are several options over at http://findmymobile.samsung.com/ which Samsung pointed out to me after registering the device with them but none of them seem to work.  I don't see any services on the phone that would enable these.  Maybe there are apps for that I haven't discovered yet?  According to Samsung's site:

"Remote Controls" of the mobile must be enabled. Select "Security > Find My Mobile > Remote Controls"

I don't have a Find My Mobile option under security settings.

4. I didn't use Evernote before because my Thunderbolt didn't handle it very well so it was one of the first apps I installed on the Note.  To my surprise I was given a one year Pro freebie of Evernote courtesy of Samsung (that's what the popup said). I wouldn't have known that unless I installed the app from the Play store.  Are there any other promotions like this? If so are they listed anywhere?

5. The PIP for video recording is pretty cool. Can the border for the front camera image be changed. It looks like a postal stamp or something and is sort of cheesy.  A plain border or no border at all would be an improvement.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Air Gestures, sharpening, Find My Mobile, PIP, Promotions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there JRAHNBO2,

Congrats on the Note 3! It is a great phone and I hope that you are loving it so far.

For additional information on Air Gestures you can watch this video,http://vz.to/1jpC7LO.

As for as the picture quality goes I am going to need some clarification. Can you please clarify what you mean when you say the pictures are over sharpened?

The Find my Mobile feature is currently not compatible with the Verizon Wireless Note 3.  You may be able to find a third party application in the Google Play Store that performs a similar function.

As for promotions through the Google Play store I am not aware of any. That is something you would have to search through the Google Play and look around for. I have seen different promotions on different days.

The picture in picture for video recording is operating as it should and there is no way to change the border.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there JRAHNBO2,

Congrats on the Note 3! It is a great phone and I hope that you are loving it so far.

For additional information on Air Gestures you can watch this video,http://vz.to/1jpC7LO.

As for as the picture quality goes I am going to need some clarification. Can you please clarify what you mean when you say the pictures are over sharpened?

The Find my Mobile feature is currently not compatible with the Verizon Wireless Note 3.  You may be able to find a third party application in the Google Play Store that performs a similar function.

As for promotions through the Google Play store I am not aware of any. That is something you would have to search through the Google Play and look around for. I have seen different promotions on different days.

The picture in picture for video recording is operating as it should and there is no way to change the border.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the info NicholasB. I didn't realize there was a reply because I'm not getting email notifications for some reason.

I'm not sure how to explain the over sharpening other than to provide some samples. I'll work on that.

Do you have a ballpark when/if the Samsung Find My Mobile feature will be enabled?  Google's ADM does work. play.google.com > Android Device Manger.  Someone with VZW perhaps should tell Samsung to notify users when they visit the Samsung site that this doesn't work.

Thanks.

0 Likes