Air gesture is not working...
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased a Galaxy Note 3 and I was excited about the opportunity to use the gestures I'd heard so much about, however that doesn't seem to work on my phone. Under Settings I have all Motion Control commands set to ON but the Air Gesture icon does not appear. Is there something else I need to do to activate this feature?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Air gesture is not working...
BlueTiger1962
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, cadre 216.

Try this: After you turn Air Gesture on under the Controls in the setting, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the top right corner where four small boxes are shown. You will see all the options available. One of them is "Air Gesture.' Make sure it's on. It should work when that option is on.

I had the same problem but with the method I described above, it's working fine now.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

When I activate these features on my Note 3, I do not see the icon either, however everything works as advertised. Perhaps something is broke getting the icon to show up?

0 Likes
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

But even without the icon, I get nothing. I gesture, wave, slide just short of touching the screen. I've tried it in email, in the browser, on various apps- nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cadre 216,

The Galaxy Note 3 is a fantastic device. I can understand the excitment over finally getting the device in your hands. I want to ensure you're able to use all features.

When you head into Apps > Settings > Motions and Gestures are any of the options available, ie air view, air command, motion, palm motion?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, all five commands are set to ON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadre.216, I'm sorry you're having so many troubles with Air Gesture. Have you tried each step individually? Does Quick Glance work? If absolutely none of them will respond, try Air Gesture again, in Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1bn5zBH If it works in safe mode, there may be an app preventing it from working normally. Please keep us posted!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BlueTiger1962
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, cadre 216.

Try this: After you turn Air Gesture on under the Controls in the setting, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the top right corner where four small boxes are shown. You will see all the options available. One of them is "Air Gesture.' Make sure it's on. It should work when that option is on.

I had the same problem but with the method I described above, it's working fine now.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes