Am I stuck with this phone??
Elly244

I had the note 7 then exchanged it for the s7 edge. I am not thrilled with it and want the note 7 back as I have had the previous notes. I waited a bit after the replacements came out to see how they would work out and still have until 10.16.16 to change it back to the note 7 however with the news of another fire I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be stuck with a phone I'm not crazy about but still I'm hesitant for the note 7. What is Verizon's plans for customers like me?? I have the gear vr and gear fit. So disappointed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Am I stuck eith this phone??
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

Elly244,

Oh my! We certainly want for you to enjoy the phone that you have. As with the most recent reports & information from Samsung, we have stopped shipment of the Note 7. We do have many other wonderful devices for you to choose from: http://vz.to/29BRCSR. I hope that you are able to choose something that will be a better fit for you.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Am I stuck with this phone??
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

One thing for certain, starting today, those who have replacement Note 7s (of which I have 2). Can at the very least exchange our devices for other Verizon phones (all of the major carriers have announced this due to the alleged replacement fire(s)). All US carriers will let you swap replacement Note 7 - CNET Not sure how long we have to decide if we are nervous and want an exchange. If the Consumer Product Safety Administration determines that the new phones are explosive as well, a second recall will occur and we would get a full refund. I have 3 fast charge wireless chargers and one slow charger and 2 cases. Fortunately I have not applied the tempered glass screen covers yet to the 2 Note 7s. I also went ahead and paid in full for the 2 devices nine days after getting the replacements. You might go ahead and get the Note 7 pending potential recall unless you don't feel safe.

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

If you exchange for the new "safe" Note 7 and get rid of your S7, you would be then eligible to exchange that for another device or maybe get a full refund should a second recall be announced.

0 Likes
DELAWAREHUNTER

I am in the same boat.  My story is slightly more interesting, but not surprising.  I traded in 2 Note 7's after the first recall for "loaner" S7 Edge's.  The intention was to get the Note 7 when it came back out.  I consistently asked everyone I spoke to at VZW about the loaner return policy.  I got separate answers every time I called.  The first person (at the store) said there was no deadline for returning the loaner S7 Edge's.  The next person (again at the store a couple of days later) said we had until September 30th and that I could only exchange back to the new safe Note 7.  The 3rd person (1st from Customer Support), said that a new policy had been instituted that gave me 45 days from the day I traded the first Note 7 in (which mean Oct 28th) to decide whether I wanted to keep the S7 Edge or go back to the safe Note 7.  When the "safe" Note 7's started melting down, I talked to a 4th person (also from CS) who said I had 45 days, and that the store were the only ones that would allow me to choose any phone I wanted (I asked them to put that on my account, but that didn't happen).  Today, I talked to a 5th person (also from CS) who is now telling me that I had to trade my loaner in by Sept 30th...  So, I am now stuck with an S7 Edge that I only have because I was waiting on the Note 7 to come back out, and now that it's not safe either, I want something else...

What the heck is the truth here?

Edit: Forgot to mention that after complaining, they are now telling me that I can either trade up for a phone they currently are selling (not the Pixel or Pixel XL), or I can turn the S7 Edge back in and go back to an old phone and wait out the Pixel XL (which is the phone I really want at this point)...

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Elly244... i had the same feeling too.

i noticed this verizon forum did/does have a few harsh "responders", they sometimes either CAP-LOCK to imply their superiority over others, or sometimes just directly lecturing others whom looking for answers for particular questions/ideas.

Well, i know this is a forum, just like in school, bullying happened. For folks (like me) that doesn't keen on arguments, it is what it is. 

I guess there's no one here doing the administrative role. Sad.

0 Likes
Re: Am I stuck eith this phone??
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

Elly244,

Oh my! We certainly want for you to enjoy the phone that you have. As with the most recent reports & information from Samsung, we have stopped shipment of the Note 7. We do have many other wonderful devices for you to choose from: http://vz.to/29BRCSR. I hope that you are able to choose something that will be a better fit for you.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes