Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note2... ISSUES
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

4.1.2 was pushed to my G Note 2  on 5/10.   Since then, I have had nothing but problems.   Sitting at my office with WIFI  on, I get no inbound calls despite having 2 bars of signal (I just get notifications that I have a voicemail.)  I can also receive text messages but can only successfully send messages out possibly 1 out of every 10 tries. Had tech on phone yesterday for an hour.  They had me shut phone down, remove battery and SIM for 2 minutes.  Tech was making various unidentified changes on their end, then had me re-install and turn on phone.   Test call responded with 'Mobile Network Not Found' despite 2 to 4 bars of signal.  Tech asked if Mobile data was on and I said no.  Tech had me turn wifi off, and Mobile data on.  At that point I tried calling my phone and was able to get through.   Test call out still failed.    Tech had me power phone down and back on after some additional unknown changes.   Test call to #832 worked so tech felt problem was now solved.   Unfortunately.....not really.   Today I'm sitting in my office and still not having much luck in getting simple text messages out, no matter the configuration (WIFI OFF, MOBILE DATA ON, addressed to a single recipient, group conversations off) 

Also, during yesterday's call the tech made some disturbing comments:    Backup Assistant will not function over WIFI, (so you're forced to use valuable mobile data.)   Verizon will not support any WIFI functionality, (so if they can make something work with mobile data they feel they've done their job.)   This sets up a great scenario where they can interfere with WIFI at will and force you to using mobile data.    Sorry VZW, but that's not what I paid this kind of $$ for a phone complete with WIFI capabilities.   

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note2... ISSUES
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, jimINGR.
Can you please Direct Message me with your mobile number? If this is a software problem, we need to let Samsung & our software developement team know immediately in order to see if this is part of the new software or if it can be fixed.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Tamara-    Thanks for your note, but I'm not sure how to direct message you.  I'm not seeing any contact info.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

click on her username here and go to her profile page. Then click on the follow request. She has to approve the request and send one back to you. You will have to accept that follow request before you can send her a direct message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Ann.   I *almost* had it figured out 

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an update for anyone looking.....still not resolved.  I have direct messaged the contact multiple times and there is no reply.   Could someone else pick-up the ball and run with it?

0 Likes
MojoPotato
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the 4.1.2 update my Galaxy Note II has data connectivity issues, perhaps just on Wi-Fi.  One of the most notable problems is it doesn't update the Gmail inboxes and I have to manually hit the refresh button.  It also does not receive Google Voice notifications (like text messages).  Other notifications in the notification panel become stale.

This data problem is *very* annoying.  I originally was glad Verizon finally pushed an update because my Note II would randomly reboot itself every other day, usually when I would least want it to.  At this point though I'd take reboots over not being able to rely on the phone to give me notifications.

Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note2... ISSUES
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

A quick update.....forwarded for software development to look at.   Phone may be requested to be returned in exchange for a refurb, but that wouldn't please me so much.  After studying up on signal strength and hearing that others in my location are experiencing similar issues with calls and message connectivity, I'm starting to suspect that there may be a tower issue that has developed and asked if they could get it investigated in the field.   Waiting to hear if there is an update.

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I finally gave up and did a factory reset after not hearing anything from VZ since before June 3rd.   There has been SOME improvement.....better messaging and calls are more successful than before (albeit the call performance is far better outbound than inbound.)   Strangely though, the Samsung keyboard has disappeared and now for messaging all I was presented to use was a scribble pad even though the settings were to use Samsung keyboard.   I have had to activate swype in order to have a keyboard to tap on.   We'll see what happens after I turn the phone off AGAIN, pull the battery AGAIN, and SIM card AGAIN.

0 Likes
jimINGR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re-booting has returned the Samsung Keyboard.   Will have to live with somewhat of a loss in call/text capability until they seem ready to send an update.  

0 Likes