Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
Justbob300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, not at all, Google phone, Google os.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have fun with that.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

So, let me put it this way.  Lollipop was released in November of 2014.  I had a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Verizon edition.  Sony released a Lollipop update for the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet in March of this year.  The Verizon version is on the list for the update but as of the middle of September when I traded it in we still had not received the update.  That was more than 6 months after the release of the software for the tablet which was more than 5 months after the release of the new Android version. 

From what I can tell it takes Verizon about 6 months to verify updates.  That may be because they find errors and those have to be fixed.  I have not seen it take less than that.  So when we would get the update would depend on how quickly Samsung got on reworking the Marshmallow source code to the phone and their unique additions and how many defects Verizon finds when they do their intense QA, and how long it takes for Verizon to add in their unique additions and subtractions with their own developers and agreements with bloatware providers. 

The simple answer is that most likely you will be asking where the Nutella update is before you ever get Marshmallow.

0 Likes
Justbob300
Enthusiast - Level 2

The point of the NEXUS program is ANDROID controls the updates, we are supposed to get them when available, without Verizon bloatware.   I want Verizon to tell me why they are delaying this update.

fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

What does the Nexus program have to do with the Note 5?

Justbob300
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing, but the question remains the same, when are we getting our marshmallow update

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Which Nexus do you have?  Google releases it on the new Nexus which they did when they started selling the new ones.  Previous editions will be updated in reverse order and even Google has a cutoff for how far back they will go on updating.  So for your question the answer is when Google is good and ready to push it out.  For our question the answer is when Samsung and Verizon get done messing with it and come up with an agreement about it.

0 Likes
Justbob300
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a nexus 6, Google has sent it out, they say contact your carrier... Just very frustrating

fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

L0L wow so somehow Verizon got refusal rights to the Nexus software updates too?  Well then I guess give it 6 months for the regression testing.

0 Likes
Jeffkeefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read Verizon is shipping Marshmallow to Xperia z3v phones any day now....................................................................

.JUST KIDDING!

0 Likes