Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD

Sonata no longer recognizes Android Auto on Samsung Note 5 after updating device to 6.0.1. Tried app uninstall and install, different usb cable, etc. searching for a manual fix.  Hoping that someone may have figured it out and can offer advice.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD

Figured this out, USB connection default changed to "Charging Only" with the 6.0.1 update.

In my case, after connecting Note5 via USB port, this is what I have to do in order for device to recognize Note5 is connected to it.

1. Tap and hold notifications/quick settings bar (located at the top) then drag down.

2. Look for “Connected for Charging” notification and tap it to change USB option.

3. A screen “Use USB for” shows up with 5 usage options.

4. Tap and select “Transfer media file"

I've been unable to find how to make this USB setting stick permanently, so I need to perform this step each time I connect via USB for anything but charging.  Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD

Figured this out, USB connection default changed to "Charging Only" with the 6.0.1 update.

In my case, after connecting Note5 via USB port, this is what I have to do in order for device to recognize Note5 is connected to it.

1. Tap and hold notifications/quick settings bar (located at the top) then drag down.

2. Look for “Connected for Charging” notification and tap it to change USB option.

3. A screen “Use USB for” shows up with 5 usage options.

4. Tap and select “Transfer media file"

I've been unable to find how to make this USB setting stick permanently, so I need to perform this step each time I connect via USB for anything but charging.  Hope this helps others.

0 Likes