Android OS Update
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Samsung released information concerning Android 6.0. Funny I haven't even received the current version as it indicates from the site.

Galaxy Note 4 smartphone units listed below are scheduled to be updated in terms of operating system in the first quarter of 2016.

Models

Current Software Version

SM-N910C

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910F

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N9100 Duos

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910H

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910L

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910V

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N916S

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910T

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910G

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910U

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910W8

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N9109W

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N916W

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910K

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N916L

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N916K

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N9108V

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910S

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910P

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

SM-N910R4

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

Re: Android OS Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide the link to the original information?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this was it, this was the only article that seemed to have the same info.

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/46141/20151026/samsung-galaxy-note-4-update-android-6-0-marshmal...

Now, this may not exactly be the most noteworthy or reliable site, but at the same time, the fact 6.0 is getting ready, according to every site, to be rolled out in a matter of 2 months (Q1, many sites say it will start right in January), does lead most to believe that 5.1.1 is in fact solely in the hands of Verizon.

Then again, we should all know that by now, and isn't really news. Verizon is dragging, and if seeing how 5.1.1 was handled, we'll most likely get it the last day of December, just so they can say we got it in '15, and maybe see 6.0 by the middle of Q2, where most of us will be on other networks and other phones, while everyone else is updating to 6.X.

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

what that means is we will see it by 2017

0 Likes
Mediamarkcolo

So, first quarter ends in 2 weeks, where is my marshmallow update, [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung is responsible for the update. Have you asked them?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OUTCASTED2003
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wrong! Samsung has released the update. Verizon has to add their bloat and block certain features like adoptive memory so their Samsung Pay will work and ysers will NOT be able to delete that option! That's why the Marshmellow update hasn't been released!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't understand how the updates really work. The carriers don't touch the code. GSM unlocked devices also have less regulatory and certification approval required then specific devices designed for a specific carrier. Samsung follows a similar/exact process that HTC has publicly acknowledged. See HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States for details.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Adaptive storage NO Samsung phone has around the world. Verizon isn't blocking that. Also Samsung Pay works on Verizon devices I don't know where you've been.

Also if you paid attention to that leaked screenshot. It says phase 1 and a list of devices and phase 2 under it. We have no idea what those phases are for. For all we know it's just part of their cycle and those devices are still in the early stages.

0 Likes
Mediamarkcolo

How would I be able to do that?

0 Likes