Re: Android OS Update
Tidbits
Legend

worse comparison...

Android is built specifically for Nexus devices.  Google has an unfair advantage because of this.  There would be a problem is Google released Android N after other manufacturers released Android N

It's like me making a test of 1,000 questions, and I submit the test and the answers as soon as I am finished.  Then I let everyone else do the test.  Do you think that is fair that I am part of the test since I made it?

0 Likes
Biscuitti

Your point is what?  I'm not really comparing the Nexus phone to the Note 4.  If I am comparing anything, it is a comparison of who is worse between AT&T and Verizon.  Other than that, I am simply making a statement that my Nexus 6 will probably have Android N before my Verizon Wireless Note 4 gets Android M or marshmallow.  So to break it down clearly for you, if this happens, my Verizon Note 4 will be 2 iterations behind Androids latest Operating System in performance, security, and features.   As of this writing, 3 of the 5 top carriers in the United States have either begun updating or have announced that they will be updating from Lollipop to Marshmallow their versions of the Note 4.  And that is why I specifically say my "Verizon Note 4" because Verizon along with AT&T, historically the 2 slowest at updating their android phones, have not announced anything.

Although I don't expect a manufacturer or a carrier to release an update immediately after Google releases a new/updated version of Android, I think it is reasonable to expect it to be released shortly there after.  Especially before one becomes 2 to 3 new/updated versions behind the current version of the operating system. 

And Android is not built specifically for Nexus devices.  Android is a mobile operating system designed to be compatible with many mobile devices.  Nexus Devices are designed by Google in partnership with a hardware OEM to develop a mobile device that demonstrates the latest iteration of the Android Operating System in its purest form and showcase all of it's key features.  If anything, you can make the statement that Nexus devices are built specifically to run on Android as efficiently as possible but it is inaccurate to say that "Android is built specifically for Nexus Devices".

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then why did you say Nexus and Android N? You are making a indirect comparison.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also Verizon has not always been last and they have not always been first.

0 Likes