Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
macie48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been doing some of my own testing with this issue.  As others have said, it doesn't matter where you are.  It's not Verizon's service, it's the device that has the issue.  I just switched to Verizon last week and purchased two of these phones.  When talking to someone else who doesn't have a Note 3, they can hear me just fine but all I hear is garbled, choppy noise on the other end.  When trying to talk to my husband on the phone when he was on his way home from work was IMPOSSIBLE!  I may have to swap the phones for a different device.  I absolutely love this phone otherwise and it would be disheartening to have to swap it out for another, but I may have no other choice.  My ONLY complaint on Verizon's end (from what I've seen in the comments), is that we should NOT be paying a restocking fee for a defective device.  This part has me a tad bit worried about their customer service.  I've had great customer service thus far and it would be a great disappointment if they didn't do the right thing regarding returning a defective device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tlaprint,

I wanted to reach out to you to see if the call quality has improved since your received a replacement device. As your wireless provider, we are committed to excellence and we want to showcase that to you today. If you are still having call quality issues or have another concern for me to address then fell free to reply to this message.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RomeosTune
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had about a 30 minute conversation this morning and the issue didn't happen at all.  Perfectly clear call.  I was amazed. I wasn't in a new location or anything.  Just at the house.  Can anyone else say theirs is acting better today?  Probably just a fluke.

0 Likes
tlaprint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I am on the 3rd phone same problem you have serious issue I have to return the device until you fix he problem. Meanwhile there is no official statement to the public acknowledging the problem. The phone continue being sold and sales people and customer support are clueless to the problem.

Again the main function of a phone are voice calls, Verizon has an excellent network I know because I am a 14 year customer and I have never had garbled or distorted calls except with the galaxy note 3. I own other smartphone on the network and none of them do this.

0 Likes
jcollell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I had to go to a Verizon store on an unrelated matter and the associate acknowledged the issue.  Unlike the other people I talked to he was the first to admit that Verizon had acknowledged there was a problem.  Of course this was unofficial but apparently they are aware and are working on a fix.  Every person and/or associate has agreed there is a problem.  I can only guess that they are keeping this quiet because they do not want this issue to impact sales of the Note 3.  After all, this is supposed to be Samsung's killer app.

0 Likes
NegD

I am getting dropped calls, I cannot call any one, I have a samsung galaxy4gle, My sons cannot call me on the phone, I was embarrased taking to a person for A delivery, The phone shut off on me 3 times.. I called Verizon to trouble shoot it, it even cut her off. She had to call me on my home phone. Its a New Phone, got it last week! They are going to exchange it,hope there is no problem with the next one!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's three phones too many with the same problem tlaprint. I'm very sorry about this issue. How long have you had most recent phone? Does this happen with all calls, everywhere? Please Follow me and send Direct Message with your 10-digit mobile number and full name on account so we can check things out to see what options are available.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy reliable performance for your Note 3 macie48! Are you experiencing these difficulties in more than one area? Have you tested the devices outside your home zip code? How about using speakerphone, bluetooth or a headset? If a device is determined to be defective and needs to be replaced within the first 14 days, we will not charge a restocking fee. Please keep in mind however; it will be replaced with the same make and model.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlaprint
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone has big problems you cant tell people to replace with the same because it will have the same issue no matter what because it is the software or the cdma radio (driver). Restock fee good luck with that.

0 Likes
tlaprint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to another store, make a call on the note 3 phone that they have set up in the store and show them that the problem is also on the phone they have on display. I know this because all 3 local corporate stores that I have tried this on do it a well. I also bought and return 3 different devices and all of them had the same issue.

0 Likes