Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

It's actually a setting on my daughter's S4 which allows her to use any wifi where a call signal isn't available....the feature is through T-Mobile, apparently glancing through the forum the minutes add up on those who don't have unlimited calling....you can read it here:  http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/45423  Hmmm, voip hadn't thought of that protocol or skype.

0 Likes
willy325

It s a shame  Verizon has not come up with a solution to patch  the problem , I just got my note 3 from best buy as it was on sale and omg coming from s4 it is unbelievable how bad the calls are I live in zip code 33127 and I having the same issues the sprint customers are having it is as if I m making a call over wifi apparently sprint find a fix, but I have 14 days to return the phone to best buy I worried to keep the phone past the 14 days as Verizon has not publicly acknowledged the problem. Apparently it s not worth changing the device

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now on day 20 with this phone and no resolution. Half the time the Verizon support staff will say they are unaware of the problem. This problem needs to be well documented so a customer at least does not get the runaround. I filed two tickets for each of my phones with Samsung. Half the time Samsung support says they are aware of the problem but that they have no clue as to a date of resolution, nor can I talk to their real tech department for a status. The other half the time Samsung says they are not aware of the problem! One of my phones replaced my land line... big mistake!

I read today that Samsung has hit a 5 million sales milestone on the Note 3. Too bad all of those don't have the same problem. I bet it wouldn't take long to get this fixed. I cringe every time I see Samsung's TV add on this phone, if only we could rewrite that add.

0 Likes
Methos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm another one here with the same call quality problems. I have changed out phones once. I have a help ticket in to check the signal in my area but I don't think that is the issue. I had no problems with my last phone. It is only on my phone, everyone else hear's me just fine.

Supposedly Sprint pushed out and OTA to fix this although I have not heard about any feedback on how it works. The problem is intermittent. I have not been able to establish a trend of any kind with regard to location, time of day, caller on the other end - nothing. Sometimes I can hear people fine, sometimes the occasional chirp or screen and sometimes I cannot hear at all.

Verizon has been very concerned about the problem in my communications with them so I'm hoping they are getting together with Samsung to find a fix for this issue. I love this phone but if there is no fix forthcoming then I'll need to go back to my old phone or something different.

I'm past my 14 days but I would assume that if there is no fix coming then I can return the phone as defective for complete refund - including the waving of the restock fee. I've been a very loyal customer for a very long time. I'd hate to have to take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
caboosesw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to Verizon again today.  They said this is not listed as a known issue ... and my rep even called Samsung who ALSO said it was not a known issue.

I have reported this to media outlets and they are not picking this up.

What can we do?

0 Likes
jja282

Dear Verizon,

Wtf... I've had 3 GN3's already, created tickets with Samsung support and your support... samsung's useless call with "Laquita" got me nowhere. They claim nothing!  Verizon has been helpful in replacing the unit numerous times, but it's frustrating to hear they have not heard customers complain and thinking I'm the crazy one. Seriously, Google the 'effin' issue.  I have used 3 different SIM cards, 3 phones, and tested audio quality with a Bluetooth headset, buds, speaker, and normal ear use.  All have the crackling, popping, garbled voice in 100% of the calls.  Ahhhhhhhhh!  Now that I have surpassed the 14 day return policy, I have two options... Beg for a return and go back to a Bull*** iPhone until Samsung claims their flaw and everyone is happy, or the other option, keep this disastrous device I despise since it's release on 10/10 release day.  

Coverage area is not a factor as my 20 mile commute to and from work represents a conversation between me and Optimus Prime with this robotic digital dub step voice. Please Fix this and save me from using a temp iPhone... Gives me the JeeBee GeeBees to think I have to go back to a fruit.

0 Likes
pjkump

It's a bummer to see that so many people are having call quality issues with this phone.  I specifically upgraded my Galaxy Nexus because I was starting to have this same squawking issue with it on at least 50% of my calls.  So far absolutely no problems with my Note 3 just crossing my fingers that it won't crop up in the future.

0 Likes
finess001
Enthusiast - Level 1

After Sprint has done it the right way I waited for Big Verizon to notify us that there is a problem and they are working on it.  What did we get? NOTHING.  Well I was on day 11 and decided to return the Note 3.  As I was returning it the rep said this is not affecting all Verizon Note 3's just certain numbers as if that was suppose to make me feel better.  I did pay the wholesale price as I really wanted the device but now no nexus 5 and garbled note 3 I  am not happy with Verizon at all.  (As if they care.)

Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

AN IMPORTANT QUESTION (to me at least). As you have seen in my previous posts I also suffer from this problem. For the first time yesterday I was in an area that only had 3G and this problem did not occur. HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THIS PROBLEM OCCUR IN A 3G AREA? Thanks for any replies. If it does not happen on 3G this could be helpful to Verizon/Samsung in resolution of the problem in that it would be specific to 4G/LTE.

0 Likes
willy325

I called verizon tech support today spoke with a lady name Mary she said she heard nothing of such issues with the phone ,when I told there is a forum on vz community about the problem she said they don't read forum if people don't call it s a waste of time going into a forum 1866 221 4096 option 5 ,I m still on my 14 day period and on my 2nd note 3 best buy was so kind, will just cancel and wait for the HTC max ,I think verizon is aware of the problem but I guess won't admit it

0 Likes