Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

bruinbill,

Class action law suit and/or an interview with the evening news.

SamChieftan

Howdy, Just an update, this forum has been really really quiet for 8 days now; maybe everyone has everything working perfectly; that would be great! I on the other hand can still not complete even ONE call.  I continually get dropped calls for EVERY call that I conduct. The call quality is about 60% better, but I still have to ask people to repeat what they said many times.  I live in a remote area, but I have travelled to many other places the past few weeks; such as Downtown Dallas, Texas, and north Texas, in very populated areas where other people with Verizon phones have full bars and I only am displaying two or three bars.  I can call the person sitting right next too me and my phone will display "Call Dropped".  It is at the point that I cannot use the phone for what it was intended for ... phoning.  I went to our local Verizon store tonight and will initiate another exchange for the phone.  I have noticed that Verizon does NOT have any exchange Note 3's in stock anymore, Verizon tech support initiates a return and the phone will be delivered to my house within 5 days, and then I have to return the old phone within 5 days.  This is great (sarcasm) as I have had a phone for about a month and a half and the 90 day window is fast approaching for the returns to end. I will only have a few more phones left to try to maybe finally get a good one. The Verizon staff at our local store has ALWAYS been cordial and polite and very understanding. The representative I was working with also owns a NOTE 3 and he has had perfect service.  He noted that he had another customer with EXACTLY the same problem as me. We accessed my account, and it shows all the dropped calls from many different towers and locations. I am hopeful that I will win the NOTE 3 phone lottery and finally get a phone that actually has the phone part working.  The phablet part of the phone is beyond awesome, and that is the reason I have endured this ever so daunting task!

0 Likes
bruinbill

Sam, You are not alone. I am still having the speed issue with LTE and general connection problems. There's one rep who is supposed to call me back tomorrow and let me know what else we can do here - all the other reps, including executive support, has been atrocious with no replies / follow up. Including the rep who pretended to reach out to me here at the forum, she has not responded after 10+ days now.

Verizon, if you are hearing this, please have some training for your CSR team and help your loyal customers. I spend over $600-700 a month with all the Verizon services yet get no respect or support what so ever.

0 Likes
technicholas

I have the same exact issue I got the Note 3 love it, just ordered a replacement hopefully this helps. I have gotten the sim card still same issue. I don't like this choppy call quality my phone shows 3 bars and me dropping the calls.

Nicholas

0 Likes
technicholas

Note 3 owners

Try taking your sd card out, I did that and so far my call quality has IMPROVED! I will update this if I have any more issues.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Out of curiosity, I attached my Note 3 to my system to see if Kies3 had an update.....nope, I'm sorry to say...I would think the process described where the phone is returned to Samsung, it's totally wiped out and re-instal new system should be the answer.....what's not the answer is you have to mail in yours to Samsung, Verizon should have a collection now of non-working phones to return to Samsung for this process so to have them on hand for your replacements...makes more sense to me....have them at the local stores in the location where issues reported.

SamChieftan

Just another update, it appears this forum is super quiet; so I am assuming that many of you got your phones fixed and are not having any issues.  I received another reconditioned phone and have been trying it for the week.  I am still getting garbled conversations that break and sputter and I still get the Call Lost even though there are 3 bars showing on the status.  I have removed the SD card to give that a try and I have driven into the city and around the city to see if the signal strength would change.  I can never find FULL bars, but even if I get close to full bars I still get the odd "Call Lost" message or the "No Signal" message. I am thinking that the phone I received is just a repackaged non functional phone that someone exchanged. At the local Verizon store the representative put his Samsung Note 3 directly beside mine and his had FULL bars and mine had 3.  We could even hear the difference in the call quality. It would appear that there was an initial batch of faulty phones sent out originally and some of us got them. I wish there was someway to determine which phone series is good.  Since Oct 18 I have maybe made 30 calls, most of them incomplete. I am saving a TON on my minutes for sure, I cannot make any calls without dropping so the phone component is useless. I will update on what I do. I have $550.00 into the phone with options, chargers, covers etc, plus a 2 year contract, and a useless phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SamChieftan,

Let's explore options to improve your phone's performance! First reprogram your phone with the network by removing the SIM card for one minute, then reinsert and test. Also, you mentioned a phone replacement; did we also replace the SIM card? If not, I would recommend visiting a corporate Verizon Wireless http://bit.ly/3SdsA and get a new SIM card to see if this improve signal. As for the sound issue, I suggest running your phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/18cdwrF for a few hours and test. If sound issue stops while in Safe Mode, a third party app would be the culprit. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sam,

It would appear that folks are finally getting the distorted call issue resolved judging by the reduced number of posts here. I still had the issue until yesterday's update to N900VVRUBMJE. I hope this fixed the problem for everybody !

For me it took 4 pair of phones, 2 updates, and 2 months to get a usable phone. At this point the voice quality sounds like a cheap phone but at least is usable. In addition I no longer get dropped wifi connections.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Mine is just now updating, glad to hear you improved Michael S, mine had always sounded great, wish yours did too.... now if Sam's would too, we are pretty well set here in the midwest

0 Likes