Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bruinbill, I am very sorry to hear that you experienced less than stellar service. If you could provide us some background into what happened we would be more than willing to help.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Hey Everyone just another update, My phone has also been affected by the last OTR update, and it is making popping, whining noises, and sometimes when people access their voicemail all they hear is a screeching noise and popping.  They discerned the voicemail was from me by the number and time I left the voicemail.  Also people receiving the calls are also having a hard time understanding me, whereas before there was NO problems at all. I was extremely happy finally before this latest update. The phone had only a few odd dropped calls.  I am having to have people repeat themselves again during a phone conversation. 

Does anyone know if I reset the phone back to the factory, if I can just do the 2 updates and ignore the latest one? when the update came out, the only option I had was to install immediately or pick a time that it would install, I couldn't use the phone unless I UPDATED the phone.

Thx in advance for any help!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SamChieftan,

Call quality and being able to keep a conversation without repeating yourself is super important! Does this happen in all locations including indoors and outdoors? What zipcode are you currently located in? We'd love to investigate further. 

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
aeffect
Enthusiast - Level 2

update:

Factory Reset Note 3 after latest update woes...

Volume level did rise (end user is louder), however, people are still muffled and difficult to understand...

When I Video-Chat or VOIP, sound is normal... I've used Skype and Samsung's ChatOn.

The fact that only Verizon Wireless and Sprint users are experiencing this, and after a recent update that "improved call audio," it's got to be software-related, and have to do with Samsung's decoding of the CDMA networks' voice.

There needs to be an emergency rollback or an update that keeps all the new fixes, and reverts audio back to how it was in the 2nd-to-last update...

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Hello Verizon Support;

Yes this happens in all locations inside or outside and in various locations around the zip code 75189 and within 90 miles of that Zip Code.  The latest update has caused this problem. 

The question is: Is it possible to Factory Reset the phone and ONLY have it UPDATE to the 2nd update and NOT the 3rd? Everything worked great on the phone FINALLY after the 2nd update, now I am dealing with horrible call quality AGAIN after the phone is almost unusable and I am now AGAIN getting dropped calls.

Please let me know if there is a way to update the phone to the 2nd update and stop it there.

Thank You in advance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again SamChieftan!

Thanks for the details and additional information. With your zipcode, I'm showing that you are supposed to have strong 4G signal in the surrounding area. I am sorry to say that by doing the factory reset, the phone will continue to revert to the newest update or 3rd update. Once the update is downloaded the phone will only recognize the latest one. If the factory reset doesn't resolve the call quality issues, let us know so that we can review further options. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
technicholas

The update made mine horrible, I got a replacement one did the same thing. I had a iPhone 4 and a Note 3 in my hands on the way home from a Christmas dinner, the Note 3 said "Extended Network" No Service, 1X 3G 4G LTE. The iPhone sat there and said 3G Verizon and didn't go below 2 bars. This is ridiculous, I just bought the HTC One Maxx, lets try this and see if it works better. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years, had the Galaxy S3, Note 2, Note 3 now and the Note 3 is HORRIBLE.

0 Likes
DomenicT

I have the same issue after getting the latest update call quality is terrible where I am asking the person to repeat themselves which gets rather annoying and also putting them on speaker phone is worse you can barley here them because the volume is too low even though it is at the max level!  Also wifi keeps dropping out on me when the phone is locked and I went through the steps in regards to sleep mode but no difference. I have hard reset the phone back to factory and did not make a difference with any person I spoke to over the phone.  Can we get a update quick before i switch back to a IPhone please!

Thank you

0 Likes
pkp2014

I am also facing same issues. The signal reception in general has been poor with this phone but after the update last week, it  has been very frustrating experience. Almost every call is dropping. I am taking the calls outside my home and it does not help. Even I am noticing that some of the text messages are not getting received. Had contacted Verizon today and had received a lukewarm response and very much disappointed on the customer service response to handle this issue. Verizon has been giving impression that they have not even heard of this problem. I had been with Verizon for many years and now clearly seeing poor  service quality  and lack of help and guidance.

Still hoping that Verizon at least acknowledges the issue and indicate a time line for resolution so that we can hold on to the phone. If this continues for few more days, then will have no option but to look for alternative,

0 Likes
technicholas

I bought the HTC One Max, I love it. Where my S3, Note 2, Note 3 did not get service my HTC One Max does they use the metal back as a antenna and that is how they can pull in better signal. No more radio issues. Issue resolved for me trying to get Samsung to do something for me they like to point their fingers back at Verizon Wireless about the "no service" issue I used went down the road with my new phone no more "Searching" Extended "Searching" Just solid 4G LTE signal 3 bars or more! Thanks HTC I don't think I will be a Samsung customer anymore.

0 Likes