Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
PAPINYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't switch devices because, then you won't get the Note 3 with a subsidy for another 24 months, assuming of course that the root of these issues is identified. (Unless of course you joined Verizon Edge).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alieneila, I am sorry to hear that you are having call quality issues. Where are you mostly having call issues? Does this happen in a specific location? If so, please provide the zip code? Have filed a resolution ticket for you? Please share more details. We want to get this resolved!

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
caboosesw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get ready to eat $35 when you return your crap Note 3 as well.  I just returned mine after swapping the first one out and they said there is a restocking fee.  The manager shrugged his shoulders and walked away when I said "so I have to pay to restock this even though it's broken????"

Samsung + Verizon = BRILLIANT customer service

Hey SammuelP ... how about getting official word from Verizon that they recognize there is an issue?

0 Likes
jdub251
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the phone with Samsung all day and got nowhere. They blame Verizon. I assume this is not a network issue. This will be the last samsung device I ever buy. I will be returning this device as soon as I'm off and can drive an hour away to the nearest Verizon store. It's not only the issues I'm having with the three devices. It's the poor mouth runaround I received from the tier 2 Samsung tech support. SAMSUNG DOESN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. EVEN AFTER I DIRECTED HIM TO THIS FORUM AND THE SPRINT FORUM. TOLD ME IT WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE DEVICE.

0 Likes
jcollell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues.  I went down the whole laundry list with tech support and finally went to a store to exchange the phone.  Same result.  The guy swapped out the SIM card which did nothing.  Of course Verizon knows nothing of this issue.  To the monitors out there.  You have a problem with this phone!  So get with Samsung and fix the issue! 

0 Likes
jcollell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear support.  The problem is with the device.  I swapped out my phone for a new one and the guy gave me a new SIM card.  Even he acknowledge that the problem is with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to fully enjoy your Note III Lloyd_Braun! Does this happen on every call? Have you brought these concerns to our attention before via a different support channel? What type of troubleshooting was done? Have you tested the device in different locations? How about other devices of a different make and model in your location? What is your zip code? Is this happening most inside your home or workplace?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Alieneila
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Alieneila, I am sorry to hear that you are having call quality issues. Where are you mostly having call issues? Does this happen in a specific location? If so, please provide the zip code? Have filed a resolution ticket for you? Please share more details. We want to get this resolved!

SammuelP
VZW Support

Every single phone call has this issue. It doesn't matter if I'm at home in zip code 75002, or at work in zip code 75080. I'm not sure if anyone has filed a resolution ticket for me, but I have spoke with 2 people on the phone. The first told me that there were no tower issues in my area, and text'd me an 800 number to call back to troubleshoot because I was on my phone at the time without an alternate phone to use while troubleshooting. I called back once I had a second phone to use and the new lady I spoke with did no troubleshooting at all, just told me to either get a different model phone, or switch out the sim cards. Due to the responses of others, and since it's happening on BOTH of our Note 3's, I doubt a SIM card swap will help any, but I will try that this weekend.

I seriously seriously love the phone except for the call quality. And I honestly believe, that since customers from other carriers are complaining about the exact same issues... that it has to be an issue with the phone itself and not the network. Hardware, Software, Firmware, whatever it is... I would just like someone to acknowledge that there is indeed an issue... like Sprint has acknowledged... and that you and Samsung are looking in to it.

Thank you 😃

0 Likes
Lloyd_Braun
Enthusiast - Level 2

JonathanK_VZW,

I don't mean to be rude, but this is clearly an issue effecting many, if not all, note 3 users. Just look at this forum and many others. We all just need to know if Verizon and Samsung are working on a fix. I have contacted Samsung and they had no information. If there is no fix coming, I will be forced to return the phone, and perhaps switch carriers to one that does not have these issues.

I have been through the standard line of troubleshooting, changing calll settings, soft reset etc. everything short of factory reset. I have tested the device in multiple locations, the issue happens everywhere. My previous phone, the Droid Charge, did not have these issues calling from the same locations. the issue is happening everywhere, home, work, car.

There is no reason i should spend $700 on a brand new phone and it can't even make calls. We need a response from Verizon ASAP.

0 Likes
jcollell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to second that. I went through the list with support and did the hard reset.  I hear the problem on every single call.  Doesn't matter where I am or what my signal is.  Betcha if I I was sitting on top of a tower it would still occur.  And like I said earlier, the associate at the Verizon store was in full agreement that the problem is the phone.  Question is what are Verizon and Samsung going to do and how quick.  There is usually a glitch or two with the launch of a new device.  What I really don't appreciate is Verizon or Samsung waiting for some threshold of complaints to be achieved before acknowledging the problem exists.  Pony up and work on fixing the issue why don't you.

0 Likes