Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You made the right choice switching, mdhorn. I'm here to help make sure you stay with Verizon! The WiFi trouble you described sounds like a common setting in the phone was turned on that causes the phone to switch back to the mobile network when WiFi is poor or fluctuating. Please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap the Menu Key (to the left of the home button) > Select Advanced and it is called "Auto network switch." Turn this off and let us know if that helps with your WiFi. As for calls and text, do you get an error message when trying to call or send a text out? Is the trouble only when you're inside of your home? What's your zipcode?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mdhorn

I went into the wifi settings and the box for auto network switch was not checked.  Not sure what else it may be.  As for calls and texts, I do get an error saying message failed or no network.  I live in 48642 zip code.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdhorn,

Thank you for checking to see if "Auto Network Switch" was checked. Your area for the zipcode you provided looks clear. If you are not connected to wifi on your device does it show 4G? Do have any issues in any other areas with your signal? Have you tried to remove and reinsert your SIM? http://vz.to/RLfA36

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdhorn

If I am not connected to wifi on my device at my house, the 4g does appear on my phone.  The signal is not great in a lot of places; however, the signal is nonexistent in my home.  I have removed and reinserted the SIM card and this has no effect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdhorn,

I appreciate the details and the steps you have taken to resolve it. We will continue to work on it to ensure we have a resolution. To confirm, when you're at home and wifi is off, you do see the 4G indicator but no signal bars? Do any other VZW phones at home have the same problem?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
mdhorn

I apologize, I was not accurate in my last post.  I was not at home when I responded.  When I arrived home, I turned off the wifi and the phone indicates 1x.  I am not sure what that means.  I have no signal (circle with the line through it) for the most part.  If I wander around the house I sometimes get 1 bar.  If I turn the wifi on, it bounces me out repeatedly.  My husband and my son also have phones from Verizon.  My husband has a Samsung Galaxy S4.  His service is not great; however, he has at least one bar at the house.  When my husband turns off the wifi, his phone indicates 3G.  He does not have the same problem with the wifi bouncing him out repeatedly.  My son has an iphone 5 with Verizon.  His service is the best of all of us.  He usually has 2 bars at least.  With wifi off, my son's phone indicates 3G.  He does not have the same problem with the wifi bouncing him out repeatedly.

At a loss on what to try!  Love the new phone but hate that I really cannot use it when I'm home!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the information mdhorn. I know this is frustrating but we will definitely continue to do all we can to make sure you get the service you deserve. Have you tried a SIM pull for your devices? If not, here are the steps for the Galaxy S4 http://vz.to/1idHOgk, & Note 3 http://vz.to/RLfA36 . Also, have we filed a trouble-ticket for your area? After a hard reset, the ticket would be the last step in having our technicians investigate the area. Lastly, you can also purchase a network extender to boost signal inside. Here is some information about the accessory http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ionheavens

Has verizon been able to make any progress?

0 Likes
mdhorn

No.  Still having exact same issue!

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

In my opinion, the phones are just plain defective.  You'll have to get a different phone (not a replacement Note 3) to solve the problem.  Neither Samsung nor Verizon is going to publicly admit that the Verizon Note 3 has poor reception.  They'll just keep running you through troubleshooting and replacement phones until you give up.  I love how they're happy to sell you a booster to [possibly] get a usable signal on your house.  It's too bad because I really wanted a Note 3.  I was in the sticks when it was released and I planned to pick one up as soon as I got back to civilization.  Fortunately, the reviews were in by then and the garbled call complaints and low signal strength reports warned me off.