Re: Anyone else having poor RF signal reception on Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
68IOU1

kind of and old post but this is what i got. I too had the same issue and with wifi connection on att router. I however traded my old phone in to verizon. I was within my 14 day return time, so it went back but i had repeated verbal abuse from a verizon employee who told me it was purely at "his disscression"  whether he took the phone back. His excuse was I cant trouble shoot that here i let him know that i had allready been on the phone with verizon and verizon told me to take it back. any way i took it back to a different store due to his lack of competance for a product that we pay A LOT OF MONEY FOR. long story short you might be able to speak with someone THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT VERIZON DOES KNOW ADOUT BUT THEY SEEM TO CONTINUE TO NOT BE ABLE TO TRICK PEOPLE OUT F THERE MONEY. i even traded my old phone, which later i found out that i dont get that back but im still expected to pay the bill. 

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered the note 3 before it came out and have had nothing but poor reception ever since. I've been on the phone with Verizon and Samsung every week since I got the Phone. Verizon blamed Samsung at first and Samsung blamed Verizon. Up until only about a week ago would Samsung Reps or Verizon Reps admit there was a problem with the note 3. Everytime I told them my problem the pat responce from either rep was like "I'm not currently aware of any issues with the note 3" to which I got angry and told them to google the term "Note 3 reception issue" so they can see the mutiple threadas of people complaining about the Note 3's reception. I had the original phones sim card replaced at a Verizon store and that made no difference. I then had verizon send me a replacement Note 3 and before swapping out the sim card and battery, I noted the DBM level in my house and the number was identical once I put the sim card and battery in the new phone. I installed the 2 updatyes that came out. Still no better. One of the Verison reps I've been deali8ng with on the phone is named Jack. He actually has been very nice and very helpful so far. Right before Christmas day he called me and told me that Verizon and Samsung now admit there is an issue with the recption on the note 3 and thast he recommended I shpould switch to another brand phone like a Motorola. He said Motorol has the strongest RF reception of any phone and he is probably right.

I live and work in Long Island, NY and travel constantly around Manhattan and the tri-state area. Don't get me wrong about the note 3. I absolutely love the device in every respect except the reception which after all is the first and primary function of a PHONE. I am mad that I paid so much for the phone and Verizon and Samsung did not properly test thew device before selling it. I statrted researching other alternatives. My two top choices based on the fact thaty I want the biggest screen, best camera and reception came down to the Motorola Droid Maxx or the HTC One Maxx. The Motorola although from the reviews is a great phone with great reception, battery life and screen size, is still smallwer than the note 3 and the camera is sub par cxompared to the Note 3. The HTC One Max on the other hand has a nice big display, but then again, the camera and video is not as good as the Note 3 and both the HTC and Motorol lack the S-pen which I really like. But, I need better reception, so off I go yesterday to 2 Verizaon stroes in Manhattan to see, feel and test the Drois Max and HTC One Max. The HTC display peicesa had about the same DB rating as ther Note 3 which was a surprise. Just for the heck of it, I compred the DB rating of my note 3 to the 2 note 3's in the verizon store and was surprised to find that my Note 3 had only 2 or 3 bars on 3G while the store Note 3's had 2 to 3 bars of 4G. I figured my note was locked onto 3g because I was in the subway earlier, so I powered my note off and on again so it could search for a signal and for about 2 seconds it had 2 bars of 4g and then it jumped down again to 3 bars of 3g. Meanwhile the 2 display units were steady at 3 bars of 4g. I left that verizon store (45th street near Grand Central station) and went to the Verizon store near times square. I did the same experiment and got the same results. The store display phones were holding a strong 4g signal while my phone was stuck on 3g. I had to catch a train back to Long Island so I didn't have time to speak with a tech in the store, but I think the stores were given a new batch of phones with a better antenna inside. Perhaps Samsung made the first massive run with bad antennas and the most current batch has fixed the problem? I sure hope so because I want to keep my Note 3 if possible. I emailed Jack, the verizon rep, yesterday and reported my findings and asked him to send me a replacement phone, but to verify without a shadow of a doubt that the replacement is from the most current shipments from Samsung and not from old stock. So far he has not replied back to me yet.

0 Likes
mapolan

yes I have too inside  bld I call  Verazon they tell me I have to purchase network extender   that cost   between $100-300

or I can cansel  my account ,what   I should do? the phone work only  on verazon  how you unlock  that phone for ATT

0 Likes
Davejmarcus
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is super good news please let me know what you find out. I love my note 3 but anytime i travel out of town my reception is really bad. thank you.

0 Likes
Nick124

Not only is the reception bad but every time I'm on a call its get dropped at least once. I have found out from reading the forums that the Samsung Note 3 has the Dropped Calls and Quality problems with all of the service providers.

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

The rep, Jack, I've been dealing with called me back yesterday and is sending me a replacement Note 3 today. He said it should be the most recent batch shipped by Samsung. I hope it works. I'll test till the beginning of next week in known areas that had bad recetion on my current Note 3 and see what happens.

Davejmarcus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Blaide I am hoping for some good news, Keep me in the loop!!

0 Likes
Bogomilov

I had similar issues with my old Note 3 (built 8/13). It was replaced with a later built (11/13) Note 3 and it works great now. I heard that the first Note 3 to hit the market had some issue with the RF. Only CDMA variant were affected. Ask them to change you phone.

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone, the assumption that the first run or batch of Note 3's having defective FM antennas seems to be accurate by my testing. Got my third Note 3 with new sim card as well and now getting excellent signal strength. I went to 2 different Verizon stores to compare the signal strength of my new phone to the Note 3's on display in the store and the signal strenth was identical to the display models. 4G all the way. Just for kiks I compared my phone to the Motorola Droid Maxx, as Motorola phones are supposed to have the best antennas, and my Note 3 was on par wiith the Motorola phones. There was only about a -002 difference. So if you have reception issues, call Verizon and have them send you a new Note 3 and Sim card, BUT be absolutely sure it's from the newest shipment and not from older stock.

0 Likes
J7DET
Enthusiast - Level 2

wow I sure hope you are right.. You might be my lifesaver in keeping me postive!  I posted a message a couple days ago, got over 60 views but nobody replied. ugh, well my replacement comes in the mail today and am hoping it solves the issues with my N3.  I was one of those guys who got the N3 the day it came out ,October 2013 with Verizon.  Sure am hopeful the one I received had some malfunctions when it was made.  I got one of 7 N3's in the local store here in North Carolina.  Everyone is right, I've heard the blame game from Verizon to Samsung to it being Google's problem.  Even the reps spoken to said I AM THE ONLY ONE THEY KNOW WHO HAS HAD THESE PROBLEMS. Ha you all are right, its all over these forums and search engines how we all are experiencing issues with this device.  If nothing changes it looks like I might be having to cancel my contract or purchase a cell at full price, maybe even going back to the iPhone where I've "never" had an issue with.

0 Likes