Anyone having issues with Note5 overheating and or just shutting off and not able to turn back on?
LvnInHB

I received my Note 5 two weeks ago  and immediately after taking ir out of the box I plugged it in to charge, it popped up a message saying battery is over heating and phone will be shut down. Did this repeatedly the entire night. I called Verizon and all they said was to do a factory reset which did nothing. This continued the entire night and was not able to set the phone up and use. Next day I take it into a Verizon store to show them and wouldn't you know it, damn thing didn't do the over heating message and unless I could recreate the problem they would not exchange or help me with it. So fast forward 2 weeks, phone has worked fine, no issues over heating when charging or anything, till tonight, i picked up my phone from my night stand and checked an email, everything good, set it down and 10 minutes later went to pick it up to set my wake up alarm and its off, nothing I do could turn it back on, it was charging at the time and felt real hot so I unplugged it and still cant turn it on. Now without a phone to even call CSR and online chat is also off for the night, any one having issues with their note 5 overheating while charging or shutting off? If so what was your solution if any?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having issues with Note5 overheating and or just shutting off and not able to turn back on?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is 2 weeks a general length of time? You have 14 days to return the device. Even if you can't show that it's having problems, you can still return it; less the restocking fee and get another one. Beyond the 14 days you can use the manufactures warranty which I would demand be done if you're past the return period.

0 Likes