Article on Cost & Risk of Keeping Your Note7
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Here's an nteresting perspective (I think I'm with him)...

https://www.google.com/amp/mashable.com/2016/10/12/galaxy-note-7-keeping-it-exploding.amp

Also, I got a congratulatory 'welcome to your new Note7' email from Verizon yesterday that had a picture of a Note7 & caption that read:

"It Just Keeps Getting Better!".

They sure do have a way with words, don't they?

Two hours later I got the "We are asking consumers with an original or replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and follow the instructions below to replace your device." Email.

0 Likes
Re: Article on Cost & Risk of Keeping Your Note7
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Best thing I've read yet regarding this whole debacle. I'm not trading anything in until there is a BETTER phone than this. I love this phone. As long as I can still get on airplanes......i'm good

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tschmalz wrote:

As long as I can still get on airplanes......i'm good

The Note 7 is banned from airplanes starting 10/15/16 at noon EDT:

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/10/14/galaxy-note-7-banned-from-airplanes/#more-192625

Weth
Legend

As I stated in my previous post that you claimed was not true - it is now illegal to bring the phone on a plane. It will be confiscated at the carry on check area along with your bottle of water and pocket knife.

That article has so many holes and completely ignores the risk of a single event at the wrong place. It is not just about the person as is being struck by lightening. It is the risk to innocent others.

So now that you cannot get on airplanes with this phone, are you still good?

Are you still good with no support?

Are you still good with having an expensive disabled brick potentially one day soon?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Quoting the article:

If you do try to bring one on a plan starting tomorrow, you could have the phone confiscated or you may even face a fine. Should you go the extra mile to “evade the ban” by packing your Note 7 in checked luggage, you may be subject to criminal prosecution. This is serious, folks.

Also, if an airline representative sees that you are in possession of a Note 7, you will not be permitted to board the airline until you get rid of it. Again, just get rid of the damn thing, so we can all move on and fly safely without worrying about exploding phones.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung to text Note 7 owners regarding the airline ban:

Samsung will tell Note 7 owners of flight ban via text message - The Verge

0 Likes