Auto Connect To AT&T Hotspot
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

I would really like to know how this came about and how Verizon will explain it. Seems like a MAJOR mistake to me.. IF Verizon spent all this time checking this update as they say how did this get missed? Or will they blame Samsung and say that they somehow didn't correct it? It really makes me question a lot of things about Verizon and their integrity..... We have been on Verizon for a very long time and unfortunately as the months go by we become less and less convinced they are the best out there as they once were. To me this is a MAJOR flaw to release an update containing such a feature...

Unless if there is some back door deal where Verizon is allowing AT&T to use their towers in exchange for us to use AT&T hotspots. Really seems like unlike Verizon to want us to have access to free WiFi that will not utilize the data they charge us for.... I am really at a lose on this one. Hope we can get some real answers and not just gimmick.

0 Likes
Re: Auto Connect To AT&T Hotspot
Kennyparc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with a representative via chat a couple of days ago: [Removal required for privacy reasons per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

I'll let you decide how you want to interpret that...

As for me, I decided to just... ignore it rather than remain confused and skeptical.

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

I have had no problems connecting to any wi-fi hotspots and att has the most free in my area I can connect at mcdonales, burger king and at walmart no problem and I do not my data on verizon unless I am not on a wi-fi network.

0 Likes
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rarely connect to hot spots because most of the time, their speeds are lower than my LTE connection.  So I've got this feature turned off.

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw that, too.  I thought it was odd.  My wife got the s6 edge+.  Since it is a newer phone I thought it might have it on that phone  and must be a new feature.  So, I checked it and that phone doesn't have that option.  It now makes me more confused.  I would love an answer to what this is.  I am just getting more and more disappointed.  I hope Verizon starts to get their act together.  I always thought they were leaps and bounds better than all other carriers.  Now,  I am questioning it.  I have also been with the other carriers 1 way or another.  However, that was a long time ago and I am questioning if they have gotten better.

Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

Finally someone who knows what I am talking about.... This should NOT BE AN OPTION baked into the software pushed by Verizon....

Unless there is some back door deal going on that VZW wants our devices auto connecting to AT&T hotspots...

Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

No one has any info to offer up? Go to Wifi>adcanved> scroll down and we have an option to auto connect to AT&T Hotspots.... Why is this "baked" into our device on Verizon? Why would we want an option to automatically connect to a competitors hotspot???

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to someone in technical support at Verizon who finally knew what I was talking about.  She told me to uncheck the option and Verizon is looking into this along with Samsung.  We will see what happens.  I figured I would let you know what I have found out.  Please keep me informed of any new news you find out.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Uncheck it because on my phone it brings the longevity of your battery down.

0 Likes