AutoCorrect Options/Settings?
DaisyChick_814

This may make me sound like a complete goober for asking this, but here goes...every phone I have had since my Blackberry days has corrected spelling and grammatical errors for me. Ex: if I typed in "youre" and hit the space bar, it would authomatically correct it to "you're". My Note 8 does not do that and I have checked all of my settings, but am still unable to find a way to fix it. Would someone please provide some guidance on how to do this? I loooooooove my new phone, but this is making me a little crazy. lol

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
Re: AutoCorrect Options/Settings?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you go through the language and input settings for the keyboard application you use?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DaisyChick_814

Hi, Ann:

Thank you for your response. I did go through the language and input settings. I use the Samsung keyboard but I didn't see any options except for which keyboard to use as the default keyboard. I thought maybe that it would just eventually "learn" to do that as it got used to words I text regularly, etc., but so far that hasn't happened. I apparently use contractions more than I thought I did and it's maddening trying to fix it as I go. lol

0 Likes
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

We're glad to hear you're enjoying your device so far, DaisyChick_814. It's important that you can customize your phone to your liking. The predictive texting will auto correct based on words you have used before. It should also allow you a few options of what the phone thinks you are trying to spell. This will eventually predict the words you use most often. We hope this clears things up for you.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes