Avoid security updates..
FixThisPhone

It feels like every time I update this phone with Verizon''s "security patch" I have to trade for a little functionality in my phone.

The security update in November or early December  caused my phone to increase call volume to MAX during a call, multiple times, despite putting the volume back down. As a headphone user during calls, this is ANNOYING and hurts my ear.

The most recent security update, has now caused my phone to turn off my advanced calling feature when getting a call, despite having signed up for the feature and having it function perfectly prior to updating. In other words, it doesn't allow me to use my 4g while on a call. This is what made me post. It's seriously infuriating because it is one feature I most appreciated. I now have to restart phone and then am able to use my 4g on a call. But with the second call, it turns off again, and I have to restart the phone to use this function.

This is ridiculous.. how do I downgrade from a security update?

0 Likes
Re: Avoid security updates..
Dogexhaust

I too am having the advanced calling issue since the update. Was hoping we'd get 5.1.1 and it would correct this issue.......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dogexhaust and FixThisPhone, we want to make sure that your Advanced calling feature is working as it should. I know the perks of being able to talk on the phone and utilize data simultaneously. Just to clarify, after a device restart, the Advanced calling feature is active with your first call, but after that, it turned out on its own?

Does this happen in just one place or multiple areas? Is your Wi-Fi enabled when Advanced calling turns off?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FixThisPhone

Hi Mark P,

My issues has not been resolved. I was hoping that the 6.0.1 update would solve the issue, but it hasn't. I have called tech support multiple times and have been walked through a number of troubleshootings. None have worked. I have even done a hard reset on my phone and the problem persists.

I have been paying attention to the problem since it began in March 2016 when the security patch for the Note Edge came out. I have noticed a trend in the issue. The advanced calling feature is activate when I have three or greater 4G LTE bars, and when I am in a location where I have two or lower 4G LTE bars, the advanced calling feature does not function. The 4G LTE is replaced by the 1X and it tells me I cannot use mobile data while on a call. Just yesterday, I tested this idea by walking around the apartment complex where I average two bars, and waited until I got a brief three bar signal and then made a call. To my surprise, the advanced called feature worked when I had three bars. I then walked back into the apartment, where I had two bars and made another call. The advanced called feature didn't work and I was on a 1X signal.

This problem happened immediately after the security patch update in March 2016. Can we get this fixed? It is immensely annoying.

Thank you

0 Likes