BYOD REBATE- Bait and Switch?
flyant

I ported in my phone number with a brand new Samsung Note phone.  I went to the Verizon Store and they filled out my $200 rebate form for the "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) promotion.  Months later I never received my $200 and now Verizon refuses to honor their own promotion with paperwork filled out by their own representatives.  I was told on the phone that they "mistakenly put in the wron promotional code".  This looks like a scam to me and by the looks of all of the complaints about rebates this looks like something suitable for a class action suit. 

Does anyone know of a non-Verizon site where conversations about these rebates not being honored?  Or about class action law suits.  Verizon has not acted honorably in this case.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BYOD REBATE- Bait and Switch?
deloused
Master - Level 3

The Verizon page on Reddit

0 Likes
Re: BYOD REBATE- Bait and Switch?
sg1234563
Enthusiast - Level 2

Transferred 5 lines during Black Friday sale to Verizon and promotion was no activation fee and $250 MasterCard rebate online.  I have already been denied rebate first time because "unknown reason" contacted Verizon via chat and said they fixed issue and then 30 days later denied as duplicate. Chatted again and told will review in another 30 days.  As far as free activation - they charged me $40/line activation fee even though promotion was no activation fee. Chatted online 3 times until I threatened to switch back to T- mobile and amazingly they issued me the credit for the $200 while on the line.  I am not hopefully about rebates.  I have everything documented perfectly. Verizon is clearly a scam and hoping people just forget and don't follow-up.  Seems like recurring issue in this community nd I will be filing complaint with NYS attorney general for fraud and false advertising and send them link to this website which I am sure they will love to see.