Bluetooth Issues while connected to WIFI
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

Is anyone else having issues with the clarity of phone calls when on a bluetooth headset, while being connected to WIFI? I have switched my new Note 4 out at verizon. I have switched bluetooth headsets. It only happens when at work and at home. Im always connected to WIFI in those two places. When I turn off my WIFI, i have no issues

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Issues while connected to WIFI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out QuietStormzx9. That is an odd one. Have you tried reseting the router and the device? Does the issue occur with free Wifi? For example at a coffee shop?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

It happens on any WIFI when I'm using my bluetooth. I thought maybe I got a bad phone but after swtiching it out at the Store and trying multiple ears (different brands as well). I'm convinced this is the problem. I never had an issue with my Note 3 and I've had the same bluetooth headsets. In the past, I always kept my WIFI on so it connects to trusted networks automatically. I believe it's a Verizon issue because the Samsung Reps at BestBuy inform me of some other issues but not that one. It seems that different carries are having different issues. Can you please make whom ever aware so they look into this issue.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I've read on other sites, people having issues with dropouts and pops with their Note4 and BT. I don't think you are alone. One person claimed that by (rhymes with hooting) their device, they were able to up the CPU min frequency and all was well. Of course, doing something like that would void your warranty.

Good luck.

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

Are you guys looking into the issues with Note 4?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QuietStormzx9,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having still. Information has been submitted via our Samsung forum to have them further investigate into this issue. What exact bluetooths have you tried already?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your response, I have the Plantronics Voyager Edge (BT4.0), no problems with my Note 3. I tried the Legend (BT3.0) and the Motorola Sliver2 (BT3.0). Same issues all devices. I only have problems while connectedt to WIFI. I only wanted to make these issues known in hoping that someone is looking into correcting the issues, Thank you.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Think you want to formally document these issues to Samsung

0 Likes