Bluetooth Notification
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help! I have a Note 9 with the latest update installed and an older Jawbone Jambox mini. I recently added the Jambox to my device to play music for a party, usually I connect it to my work computer via cable. Now my Note 9 keeps showing a pop-up notification that that the Jambox would like to connect to it. I had already unpaired it. I have tried everything, connect/disconnect, reset Jambox, it's super annoying. The Jambox is supposed to only connect to bluetooth when not plugged in with an audio cable. I have searched all the settings on my Note and can not find how to turn off this "pairing request". I have also searched for the resolution from the Jambox side but the mini is so old I can't seem to find any resolutions for that either. I have used this Jambox for years with many other devices and have not run into this issue previously, nor did this issue pop-up until I paired it with the Note 9.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how it would be frustrating to conntinuoulsy display that message, lookingforwardfromhere. Your phone and your otherdevice will recogne that they've paired in the past, so I'd like to see what needs to be done to stop this in the future. Please double check your Bluetooth on your device to ensure that it was unpaired. Here is a link with steps on how to do so: www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201242/

PriscillaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for attempting to help, however as I stated the speaker is no longer connected to the device. If you simply re-read my post  you will see I have stated I have "unpaired" the device.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

unpair & re-boot the phone.

the app may not be compatible with the note9.

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did that already, twice! There is no app, direct bluetooth connection.

joeym_vzw
Verizon Employee

You're more than welcome, Lookingforwardfromhere, but, we aren't giving up just yet. Our apologizes, we do see that you had stated that you had unpaired the device. I want you to test something out for me, so this annoyance can stop while you're trying to Jam out to some tunes. Please navigate into the settings and then connections. Once in your connection settings, scroll down and select 'more connection settings'. You'll see an option that says 'nearby device scanning'. If this option is enabled, please disable it and test to see if the problem continues.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was it! It must have been turned on by an update because it didn't see to be on prior. In any case thank you!

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I spoke to soon as I started getting the notification again this morning when I turned the speaker on. Yes I have restarted the device.

andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

lookingforwardfromhere,

You've shared a lot of great details which we appreciate. I'm sorry to hear that started up again but we aren't giving up. It sounds like these are being sent by the speaker to the phone when the speaker shouldn't be sending anything so we may need to figure out why those are sending. To confirm is the speaker plugged in with an audio cable when this is happening? Do you know if your speaker has an option to turn off Bluetooth or adjust the Bluetooth settings?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the speaker is plugged into the computer and playing audio. The speaker is set up specifically to play from audio cable when inserted. Still tries to connect to the device. I want to again state, this did not start until I connected it to the Note9 via bluetooth. Once I was done I removed the speaker from the device and that is when the notifications started. I have never had this happen with any other device. I have had the S4, Note 3, Note 7 (yes before the recall), S7 Edge, and the Note 8. All of these other devices I had set up the same way, I had also connected the S4, Note 3 and S7 Edge to the speaker via bluetooth and removed it. I still did not have this issue.

0 Likes