Bluetooth issue
susiekay

Galaxy Note 5.   Phone pairs with my vehicle, but when placing or receiving a call I can hear the caller but they can't hear me.  I know it's not my car, my hubby's phone pairs and works fine.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using the Bluetooth in my car is essential for me, I am sure it is for you as well susiekay. What is the make and model of your car? The first step will be to restart your device. I know this sounds simple, but it is a very important step and can fix quite a lot of issues. We are standing by, please let us know if this makes a difference.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
susiekay

Thanks for the reply!  Car is a Lexus GX460.  I have been to the Verizon store and talked with their tier 2 techs by phone.  We have restarted the device, reset the network, done everything they can think of and nothing works.  After the network was reset emails and text message did start to come through in the car, but still callers can't hear me.  I originally thought it was some sort of setting I needed to change on my phone, but after the techs have done all that to no avail I'm beginning to think it is a defect in the phone.  As I said, my hubby's phone (exactly the same as mine) pairs and works fine in the car.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, susiekay. We do want everything to work for you.

Do you have the same issues with your phone when connected to another Bluetooth device? Are you able to check if your phone and your husband's phone is completely up to date with the latest software update? 

The software of the phone can cause the phone to either not work or work with any Bluetooth device. This is due to changes the manufacturer implement within the updates https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175618/ 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes