Bluetooth not working after 5.1.1 update
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bluetooth keeps dropping, will not stay connected to my headphones or car. Keeps restarting. Sometimes won't pair at all. Was fine until 5.1.1 update.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth not working after 5.1.1 update
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

All is well. The 6.0 update fixed it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here.  Bluetooth works fine connected to a wireless headset like plantronics voyager pro hd but NOT with my car.  Constant connect and reconnect.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to remove the previous pairing settings completely from both devices if possible and setup a fresh pair between the two devices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Numerous times to no avail

vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

last time i had this happen was about a year ago, i had to uninstall updates to "android system webview" and that fixed the problem - found it on the interwebs.  That trick doesn't work anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephina, I would be concerning as well if my device could not keep an active connection through Bluetooth. Let's see if we can get this issue properly resolved. Have you recently powered your device off and on?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Off/on, pair/unpair numerous times. Now to get it to work I have to unpair, turn off bluetooth, turn off the phone, turn on the phone, go to settings (not the quick setting button), turn on bluetooth, turn on the device and hope that it finds the device, if it finds the device, then repair and see if it works. Sometimes and I can actually go error free for a couple hours that is if I also don't add any other devices. If I get in my car and forget to unpair my headphones before pairing with my car. I have to repeat the above.

I also get skips and hiccups when its paired when it stays connected.

So now I mostly use wired headphones when out and about and AUX in my car.  My phone WAS FINE until this update! FINE!!! It was connected to 2 bluetooth devices and worked flawlessly.

I have a Note 2 that I use for media and both bluetooths, car and headset, work just fine.

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Came back to add that I'm also having the battery draining and Wifi issues. I carry a really good portable battery that lets me recharge multiple times so I won't complain about that yet.

Wifi: I can't stop it from coming on when I don't want it to. I even tried several apps and it still searches and come on. Was stopping and staying off just fine with the app I was using before the update. The same app works fine on my other devices. And no other device or carrier is having this problem on 5.1.1 that I know of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephina, this is quite a range of troubleshooting steps that you have taken to attempt to get this issue resolved. I have went ahead and sent you a Private Message so we can look at potential options concerning this issue.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stephina
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, sent you the info you wanted now what?

0 Likes