Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAN'T LOG INTO EMAIL
Mbrown0128

Please help! I haven't been able to log into my AOL email account since 9-19-15. Everytime I go into my email it says “Choose which account to set up". So I click on AOL and it takes me to a login page. I enter my login info and it says “Checking incoming server settings", then says “Unable to set up account. Authentication failed." It hasn't ever done this before, so I'm completely lost on what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CAN'T LOG INTO EMAIL
Snn5
Sr. Leader

This page says to use the AOL app itself, rather than the native email app.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-mobile-mail

Mbrown0128

Thank you. I installed the AOL mail app and it kept forced closing. So, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and got the same result. Is there something else I can try?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can try to log onto AOL's website for mail...inconvenient, but I haven't used AOL in about 16 years.  You might try K-9 Mail app.  If you keep getting shut down, you might try using another address and forwarding your aol mail to that email address.

Mbrown0128

Thanks! I'll download K-9 mail and try that. I have another email, how would I forward AOL to my other one without being logged into AOL?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You'd have to go on a full page PC browser to AOL, go to your settings, and forward the emails from there.

0 Likes