CAN'T TRANSFER CONTACTS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevemay5943

I followed all directions for the backup assistant for my old phone. Downloaded the backup assistant to my new smartphone. BUT because I am on a prepaid plan - it will not allow me to proceed with the transfer of information.  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you kidding me?  Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: CAN'T TRANSFER CONTACTS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Luckily your not lost, There are several programs in the play store IE: Import Contacts Export Contacts, You didn't say what type of phone your coming from but I am sure if it's a Iphone you can find a tool to export your contacts to a CSV file and then import into and Android. Better yet is to export to the CSV file and Import into a GOOGLE account via the web and then Google will always store and sync your contacts from Phone to Phone.....Verizon may be able to do an export to a CSV but they will do it for a FEE normally if it's not a Android or Iphone there are tools provided you have a data cable that can read and export contacts for them as well. Good Luck.

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stevemay5943 We know getting your contacts to a new phone is important! Are you getting an error message?  If so, please let us know what exactly happens when you try to transfer the contact over.

sheritah
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I had a similar problem as I switched carriers and from android to iPhone and back again.

If you have, or open a Gmail account, "share name cards" from the old phone to Gmail.

Then open gmail on the new phone and import the attachment from the gmail to the new phone.

I did the transfer on the computer, which was a good thing, as I had duplicates and the computer had a "merge" option.

I have the Note 3 also.   AWESOME phone.   And I thought the GS3 took a while to learn.   This will keep me busy......

0 Likes