Calendar issues after newest update
yiliwu

I'm having problems with my stock calendar widget. It's displaying all 'tasks'  1 day early. It's fine when I view the calendar in the app itself, only on the 4x4 month view widget is it off. And all events display fine. Really annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Calendar issues after newest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look and see if the update is the cause of this, yiliwu. When was the update done on your Note 4? If you click on the widget itself> settings on the upper right corner> do you see and option to change these notifications?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yiliwu

I can't actually specify the date of the update anymore as I have "repaired" my note 4 with the verizon repair assistant. however, I got it right when it came out, I think about a week ago?

And yes, I do see option for notifications, but the issue is not notifications. The issue is the 4x4 month view widget is displaying all my tasks a day early.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yiliwu-

Let's sync your calendar again.  The less you have to worry about the better.  Have you attempted to pur your phone in safe moded http://vz.to/1B30APG to ensure an application isn't causing this issue?  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yiliwu

I booted in safe mode and it's still doing the same thing in safe mode. Syncing also does not solve the issue. I also want to update that I was able to replicate this bug with a friend's galaxy s5 running android 5.0. Are you guys able to replicate this issue yourselves. I'm surprised I don't see more people posting about this issue.

0 Likes
yiliwu

Let me reiterate that the issue is not the calendar app itself but the 4x4 widget. Only the widget seems to be having issues with displaying tasks correctly. And want to add that events you add are showing fine on the widget. Only tasks as off by a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yiliwu,

I appreciate everything you have done thus far. Have you tried removing and readding the widget to see if the dates show correctly? I do not see this as a normal occuring issue on the device. Have you tried factory resetting the devcie and then testing again? http://vz.to/1JXpqlB

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
yiliwu

I have tried re adding the widget, I have also reset the phone through the Verizon repair assistant thing. I have also cleared the app's data. None have fixed it yet. Also want to update that a random guy on another thread in your forums is able to replicate this exact problem. He didn't even realize it existed until I asked him to try to do it. He's having trouble getting the 4x2 calendar 'today view' widget to display tasks. There is definitely a bug that came with the newest update. Definitely not just me. My brother and mom have gs5, and my dad has a gs4. I'm going home tomorrow and will try to see if I can replicate this issue.

0 Likes
yiliwu

Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update G900VVRU2BOE1

Here is the thread where the random person was able to replicate the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yiliwu,

Thank you for this additional information. You have performed every step that would assist with resolving this issue. I have reached out to Samsung directly via forum for more details regarding this concern. You can also reach out to Samsung directly regarding this concern. They can be reached at 888-987-4357.

LindseyT_VZW