Re: Call Filter not working
PirateKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have the S21 Ultra bought directly from Samsung and the Live Chat representative tried for hours to help me with the Call Filter Plus activation. Its basically the fact that we buy a non Verizon phone, with the missing bloatware, that prevents us from using the "Plus" feature of the app. I would gladly pay the 2.99 month for the app to work on my new phone. Such a shame that Verizon cant figure out how to add the missing code to the existing app to make it work with unlocked phones.

kendive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Goto ATT there spam call block works on any phone. Verizon is very controlling and wants you to buy there phones with all that bloat on there so they can get a kick back.

There are better apps out there that blows away any Verizon app. I am still thinking about getting rid of verizon service. Try straight talk

I would never ever buy a phone from verizon EVER !!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the frustration and services issues you're having and it would be sad to lose you as a valued customer, kendive. I realize it is aggravating to get unwanted spam calls and text your device as this is an issue that is common problem that can happen on any phone. Let me help you with your concerns. Have you tried to block the spam calls and texts? Here's a link that can be used for more details to assist https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/ . Could you give this option a try? 

-Ed

0 Likes
LongTermSanDiego
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop with the double talk.  My wife has an iPhone 12 Pro purchased directly from Apple and her call filter works perfectly - the free and the paid versions.

I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G purchased directly from Samsung and the call filter does not work, just as everyone has stated above.

This is an issue of greed and incompetence.  Verizon has a deal with Apple, not with Samsung to make profit from sales to Verizon customers. 

If Verizon can't make money off of a phone purchase, then they won't spend the resources to fix a programming issue.  They also aren't honest enough to be straight forward about this matter.  We and this issue are unimportant to a company like Verizon.  They give their employee some nonsense to spew to us here in an attempt to mollify us and don't give it another thought.

Two choices: 1. Live with it. 2. Leave Verizon for a competitor.

Waiting for a fix is like hoping and praying - might make you hang on for awhile, but sooner or later you realize that change is up to you.

RICPAQ88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the other customers.  As a long time subscriber to Verizon, we shouldn't be harassed by people who are using our accounts for their sales business.  I should have full control over the callers I want to receive.  As a minimum I should be able to restrict my phone to callers from my contacts only.  The call filter on my Note 20, purchased directly from Samsung does nothing.  The only thing it DOES DO  is direct me to subscribe to Call Filter Plus, which as I can see from others in this discussion, doesn't work if you did not purchase your phone from Verizon. 

So the only option you offer is for me to have my phone ringing 10 times a day by these fraudulent solar companies.  I ask you what type of quality service is that?   I currently don't answer ANY number that isn't already in my contacts, so why can't I simply restrict my calls to ONLY those in my contacts?  How difficult can that be to program into your current calling app?  We, ALL of. your customers need a solution to this because we're fed up!

RICPAQ88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also got tired of the Verizon restrictions on my phone, not allowing me to use some of Samsung's high end unique features so that's why I didn't purchase a phone from Verizon this time, but went directly to Samsung. Verizon needs to understand that when we pay a premium price for a phone, we intend to use ALL of it's high end features and not have them blocked.

Aclays
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't understand why it's so hard to make their app work with an unlocked phone. All I want to do is give Verizon more money here, why won't they let me? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Aclays. I definitely understand your concern with the application limitations. Nowadays you have so many different options when it comes to purchasing a phone, that I regret that you experience issues with our applications. The unlocked phones do not have the Verizon Wireless network specific programming as our devices do, which makes it incompatible with different Verizon Wireless branded features. Hope this information helps. ~Pamela

0 Likes
rsnc49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Note 9 from Verizon and call filter subscription doesn't work either. My phone rings and I see : "Potential spam" on the screen. Why it wasn't block? I look in the app, and it shows zero calls in the call log.  Tired of this!

0 Likes
HelloCanYouHearMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

What kind of a miserable piece of garbage brain dead phone company still charges me for the call filter but prevents me from running the call filter service I pay for on my just purchased unlocked Galaxy Fold 3?

I guess with my unlocked phone I can now easily change my phone service to AT & T and the greedy geniuses at Verizon will not just lose my monthly fee for the call filter but all my lines of service as well. 

Bravo! And just look at all that patronizing nonsense they keep telling customers how it's apparently impossible for them to get the call filter to work on a phone purchased from Samsung but the call filter has no problem working on unlocked phones bought from Apple. 

Get your call filter to work with unlocked phones bought from Samsung before you lose any more customers due to your greed.

0 Likes