Can I Return My Note 7 With A Cracked Case?
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a cracked case on my note 7, and I have tried to return it foe a replacement phone. I was told that it can not be replace even though I have insurance on it. I contacted Samsung and they told me to return it to the retailer that I bought it from. Now it is an $800 paper weight. What can I do to get this resolved?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nightmare
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

After all the hassle of having a cracked phone, and trying to get it replaced. When the replacement phone came out, Verizon did replace my phone, and  I didn't have to pay the insurance. The aggravation that the store managers gave me when the recall first started, I think was due to a lack of communication between Verizon and Samsung. I went back to the retail store after the replacement phones came in, and I had a much better response than before. I am very happy with my new Note7, and with the folks at Verizon.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a cracked screen is no fun Slickfinish . I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with options to replace your phone. We can help with your next best step. Did you take it to a store or call to have it replaced? We can help you. Please respond to our private message.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you taken it back to the retailer you bought it from??

0 Likes
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. They told me that this is a Samsung problem. (since it is cracked)

0 Likes
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, They told me that this is a Samsung problem. (since it is cracked). I understand that this is a Samsung problem, and not necessarily Verizon.

0 Likes
lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting, would you still be charged a deductible since the phone is recalled?

0 Likes
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what they tell me at the store.  I don't think that should be the case, since it is a recall. But they say that they can't replace it because of the recall. Therefore I have the paperweight.

0 Likes
lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would try again on Wed anyway, when the replacements are in stock.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Slickfinish
Enthusiast - Level 2

After all the hassle of having a cracked phone, and trying to get it replaced. When the replacement phone came out, Verizon did replace my phone, and  I didn't have to pay the insurance. The aggravation that the store managers gave me when the recall first started, I think was due to a lack of communication between Verizon and Samsung. I went back to the retail store after the replacement phones came in, and I had a much better response than before. I am very happy with my new Note7, and with the folks at Verizon.

Thank you!

0 Likes