Can I activate a note 7 on my plan?
CODCON63

I have a note 7 that I want to put on one of my lines. Yes I know that they are all recalled. My question is can I activate it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I activate a note 7 on my plan
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The Note was recalled and is no longer sold; no carrier is going to activate it.  The only ones still activated are the ones that were already activated prior to the recall.  Samsung is, even now, trying to push an update to the Notes that will permanently deactivate the phone in order to force the issue of getting people to return them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I doubt it.............would be nice but I don't think they would

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The Note was recalled and is no longer sold; no carrier is going to activate it.  The only ones still activated are the ones that were already activated prior to the recall.  Samsung is, even now, trying to push an update to the Notes that will permanently deactivate the phone in order to force the issue of getting people to return them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't activate it. Find another device to use on your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Why would you take the risk, the restrictions, the potential liability, the lack of any upgrade, the threat of being disabled at any time, the disregard for your fellow humans?

By the way, Verizon just said they are not sending the deactivation code during the holidays. They did not say they would never send it...

0 Likes