Can I get my Note 3 Replaced with a newer build or switch to a different phone and pay the difference?
DaFyre
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off, let me say, I really love my Galaxy Note 3 -- it is an awesome Smartphone...  Unfortunately, I am one of the users of the problematic Note 3s...  I got the phone and it worked great for about the first week I had it (I got it outside of the area where I live)...  then  I got it home... I usually have a good 4G signal at home -- inside and out.

My office is literally just on the other side of my college campus (less than a mile away)...  I go from a good 4G signal to no signal in my office, with the exception of about a  1 foot square section on my desk where I can get 1x, and occasionally 4G.  I worked with the support team on Twitter and was sent a new SIM card, and that seemed to help unfil a few weeks ago.

Every other Verizon 4G phoen I have seen at my office almost always has at least 2 bars of 4G... If not 4G, then it will have a perfect 3G signal.  (To compare, I upgraded from the iPhone 4, which never had a problem getting a 3G signal anywhere)...  I would expect the Note 3 would at least keep some kind of a signal in an area where everybody's 3G signal is nearly perfect....   At the local walmart, I can barely get a signal outside, and you can forget it inside...  (Ironically, there's a verizon store at this shopping center as well... when I walk in the verizon store, my phone magically switches back to a decent 4G signal...)

Ideally, I'd take new Note 3 that doesn't have this problem, or I could upgrade to the Note 3 Developers Edition that also doesn't have this issue.  I really love the Note 3 and would prefer to stay with the Note 3...

How can I work with you guys to make this happen?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get my Note 3 Replaced with a newer build or switch to a different phone and pay the difference?
DaFyre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Lyndsey & Ada,

I appreciate yawl following up with me -- this is the first time I have actually been able to get signed into my community account in a while.

I did managed to get some help out of the Twitter support team and they sent me another phone.  My second phone (the one I just received a couple of weeks ago now) definitely worked better for a few days and then went bad again.  I am beginning to wonder if the PRL needs to be updated...  Unfortunately, I do not remember what the original PRL was when I first turned the phone on.  But I know that it is on 15296 now.

I am back to having to leave my phone sitting in one particular spot in my office where it has any kind of signal.  I go back to my original question -- since I have had so many problem with this phone, can I upgrade to the Note 3 Developers Edition and just pay the difference?

Thanks!
~Brant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I get my Note 3 Replaced with a newer build or switch to a different phone and pay the difference?
elkinggo

I have the same issue also wife unstable unresponsive screen a lot pproblems

0 Likes
DaFyre
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not havinge any other problems with my Note 3.  If it is giving you that much of a problem, take it to a store or call the support line and get it replaced.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you get a response on this forum it will be canned nothingness. They know the problem is the new antenna power management on the Note 3.

If you want to confirm this is the problem, make a call from an area of the office where you have a signal then move to the area where you get no signal, if yours is like mine it will keep the call. This is the power management sending more power to antenna to maintain a call. If the call has not been established, there is a paucity of current sent to the antenna and you see the "No Mobile Network" error

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaFyre,

The Note 3 is a wonderful device! We want you to get the best signal possible on your device! I would like to review replacement options for you. Please private message me so I can fully review your account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phones running smoothly elkinggo. Please provide me with the details on the problems you're having the phone especifically. We can help you troubleshoot and move from there.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
DaFyre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Lindsey,

For some reason today, I cannot get signed in to my Community account, and

when I try to use my My Verizon login, it doesn't let me log in.

I am working with the Support team on Twitter now. I will keep ou posted.

Thanks!

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bladerealm124
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also has issues with my note 3 since I got it in November. 90% of the time I have no service at my home while other Verizon phone are fine. I have tried factory resets and pulling the sim card. It appears it is an inherent problem with the note 3 antenna or software as I have seen several threads regarding the problem. My note 2 did not have any of these issues in the same location.

0 Likes
DaFyre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Lyndsey & Ada,

I appreciate yawl following up with me -- this is the first time I have actually been able to get signed into my community account in a while.

I did managed to get some help out of the Twitter support team and they sent me another phone.  My second phone (the one I just received a couple of weeks ago now) definitely worked better for a few days and then went bad again.  I am beginning to wonder if the PRL needs to be updated...  Unfortunately, I do not remember what the original PRL was when I first turned the phone on.  But I know that it is on 15296 now.

I am back to having to leave my phone sitting in one particular spot in my office where it has any kind of signal.  I go back to my original question -- since I have had so many problem with this phone, can I upgrade to the Note 3 Developers Edition and just pay the difference?

Thanks!
~Brant

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaFyre we're here to put an end to these issues! We don't carry the Developer Edition but we'll make sure to boost the signal. What zip code are you located in? To reset the connection, please power off the device, remove the the sim card http://vz.to/1fF86sY then reload.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes