Can I keep my Note 7?
aztech

What happens if I decide to keep the note7? Do I have to upgrade?  Verizon removed the $36 device fee from my bill will it stay that way if I chose to keep the phone?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I just keep my note7?
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

aztech,

Help has arrived! These are all good questions that we have answers for. We can understand if you want to keep the Note 7. On October 10, 2016, Samsung is working with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. While the investigation is taking place, Samsung has asked all carrier and retail partners here to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original or replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and follow the steps provided in this link http://vz.to/2dZ9l7r.

You mention that your monthly device payment has been removed. The reason why it has been canceled out for now is that if you want to do the exchange, it is an easy process. However, if you do choose to keep the device, you will be billed the regular device payment each month. 

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As stated in other threads that ask a similar question:

If you ignore the recall, there will be no support offered. Samsung or Verizon, or anyone else will not attempt to fix or replace a phone that has been removed from the market as a danger.  It is even possible that Samsung or Verizon will send an update that effecitvely disables the phone from use. You also put yourself at significant legal risk if something should happen to the phone you know has been deemed a danger and it harms someone in any way. The thought that your desire to keep the phone could bring down an airliner should be reason enough for you to not even consider what you state.

Snn5
Legend

aztech wrote:

What happens if I decide to keep the note7? Do I have to upgrade? Verizon removed the $36 device fee from my bill will it stay that way if I chose to keep the phone?

If you decide to keep it, that liability of danger is on you.  You do not have to upgrade.  Just because they removed the fee one month, don't count on this turning into a free phone via account credits each month.  Return while you can, there will be a deadline at some point.  Then, if your phone is disabled, you will HAVE to purchase a new phone at cost to you.

alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

aztech,

Help has arrived! These are all good questions that we have answers for. We can understand if you want to keep the Note 7. On October 10, 2016, Samsung is working with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. While the investigation is taking place, Samsung has asked all carrier and retail partners here to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original or replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and follow the steps provided in this link http://vz.to/2dZ9l7r.

You mention that your monthly device payment has been removed. The reason why it has been canceled out for now is that if you want to do the exchange, it is an easy process. However, if you do choose to keep the device, you will be billed the regular device payment each month. 

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes