Can I keep the Note7 with a full refund for the device?
MalikTeel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read that various individuals were able to keep their Verizon Note7 for free and still had the ability to activate an old device that they were previously using.

Can I take the same route to keep the Note7 and use it offline?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I keep the Note7 with a full refund for the device?
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is a great question, MalikTeel. Let's get you some help. With the note 7recall customers will receive packaging to return the Note 7 back to us. If the device is not returned the full retail value of the device will be billed. Also since this is a matter of safety we do recommend that you power down and stop charging your device.

View solution in original post

adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is a great question, MalikTeel. Let's get you some help. With the note 7recall customers will receive packaging to return the Note 7 back to us. If the device is not returned the full retail value of the device will be billed. Also since this is a matter of safety we do recommend that you power down and stop charging your device.

MalikTeel
Enthusiast - Level 2

But some were able to keep their Note7 while getting refunded, I don't have any other device to use since my LG G3 literally turned off and stopped working a week after I was eligible for an upgrade. I don't want any other phone and I'm only willing to downgrade to my LG G3 if I'm sent a replacement without any fees because the device wasn't damaged previously, it just turned off during charging.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I certainly understand that you don’t want any other phone, MalikTeel. Your safety is our number one priority and we are urging you and all our customer to get a different phone, and return the Note 7. Please see the process and options at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MalikTeel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly none of the replies are helping. Is there any way to continue to use this device without any fees until a phone comes out that actually interests me..?

rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

Malik Teel I understand your feelings, the Note 7 was my choice as well. If the phone is not returned, you will be charged.

0 Likes